The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

@Allen: apparently everyone you know has money and can pass individual underwriting. I should probably move back to the South Side where life is good. Nah, I'll stay here with the rednecks.

I understand premium increases and bailed this year. Having lower premiums because the contract has many uncovered charges or stringent underwriting isn't a solution.

Jared Kushner properties and how he does business is only related as an example of the current administration's approach to business and an indicator and warning of what can be expected from them.

@Allen: apparently everyone you know has money and can pass individual underwriting. I should probably move back to the South Side where life is good. Nah, I'll stay here with the rednecks.

No not everybody. 92% was my application approval rate before ObamaCare opened the doors to hell.

Stay and work wherever you're happy, Junkman. I stay clear of the city of Chicago as much as possible.

ac

No not everybody. 92% was my application approval rate before ObamaCare opened the doors to hell.

In all fairness, you were probably a very good field underwriter. I doubt that is an accurate representation overall.

Most uninsurable people already know they are uninsurable, so the majority didnt bother applying for insurance back then. And Im sure you weeded out plenty of declines in the field.

I think it was Kaiser that put out a stat showing around 1 out of every 3 citizens would not be able to pass full UW.

I deal with full UW on the life side every day and I think that stat is a bit optimistic. People are on so many more meds and have so many more chronic health issues these days vs. a decade ago when I started.

Last edited:
The horse is out and going back to underwriting won't be accepted. Almost none of my friends can pass underwriting. All are healthy enough to ride a bicycle 30 miles any day of the week.

I remember trying to get a client's son covered. He had a leg injury a couple of years before. Underwriting excluded the entire leg from hip to toe regardless of issue.

Prescreening isn't difficult and most cannot pass - certainly nowhere near 90%. Perhaps 25-50% in TN could pass.

The horse is out and going back to underwriting won't be accepted. Almost none of my friends can pass underwriting. All are healthy enough to ride a bicycle 30 miles any day of the week.

I remember trying to get a client's son covered. He had a leg injury a couple of years before. Underwriting excluded the entire leg from hip to toe regardless of issue.

Prescreening isn't difficult and most cannot pass - certainly nowhere near 90%. Perhaps 25-50% in TN could pass.

Problem is I agree with JunkBoy on this one.... underwriting is gonna be a tough nut to crack

Back