Exchange Deadline EXTENDED

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Last edited:
That's good news for the governors!

Extensions, delays, waivers... we probably will see quite a few more of these in PPACA.

First time I've heard about states deciding if they want to "partner" with the Federal Government to set up their exchange. I thought it was either the state does it, or HHS will do it. Something like how PCIP program was setup. So, are there now 3 options for exchange implementation & operation?

1. State does it alone
2. State partners with HHS
3. HHS does it for the state that won't do it. (As of 11/9/12, 8 states have said that they will not.)

-ac

First time I've heard about states deciding if they want to "partner" with the Federal Government to set up their exchange. I thought it was either the state does it, or HHS will do it. Something like how PCIP program was setup. So, are there now 3 options for exchange implementation & operation?

1. State does it alone
2. State partners with HHS
3. HHS does it for the state that won't do it. (As of 11/9/12, 8 states have said that they will not.)

-ac

Correct, there are 3 flavors of exchanges

Correct, there are 3 flavors of exchanges

Thanks YAgents. This ACA is so large and intertwined with other Non-HHS rules and regulations that we'll probably never know everything until it's time for that tool, rule, etc. to be implemented. I had no idea that there were 3 flavors of exchanges! Dang.

Hey it's Zane Benefits.. that's cool. I like your blog/site.

I think it's likely that many states will take the partnership option, and then take over a few years down the road... even with the extension (to make a decision) there isn't a lot of time for states to build these exchanges on their own.

No we wont.... that's the whole point of this thread...?

Incorrect, for those going it alone, Friday is still the deadline.

If no notice is given, then a partnership exchange has been given an extension. So, we will know by Friday who is going alone, all others are pship or federal

Back