Federal Court: HC.gov Subsidies Are Illegal.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"A federal appeals court panel in the District struck down a major part of the 2010 health-care law Tuesday, ruling that the tax subsidies that are central to the program may not be provided in at least half of the states."

Source: Federal appeals court panel deals major blow to health law - The Washington Post

What are the odds of this ruling being overturned, and what will happen while we wait to find out? Business as usual?

ac

This:

1. Will ultimately end up with the supremes
2. Will gut the law if it stands
3. Ruin our business and alter our marketing plans/products

Back to eternal uncertainty

Ruling that the tax subsidies that are central to the program may not be provided in at least half of the states.

?

The law barred the government from giving subsidies to people in states that chose not to set up their own insurance marketplaces.

My math isn't the best but I didn't think half of the states had private exchanges.

July 22nd...need to polish up me turning on a dime again....

"In at least half" = more than 25. Real number = 36 federally run exchanges.

Love this comment:

The ruling, if upheld, could potentially be more damaging to the law than last month’s Supreme Court decision on contraceptives.

"Could" ????? Let's see, millions impacted by this ruling who won't be able to afford the sky high prices, vs thousands who may not be able to get their abortion pills paid for by someone else.

This:

1. Will ultimately end up with the supremes
2. Will gut the law if it stands
3. Ruin our business and alter our marketing plans/products

Back to eternal uncertainty

Exactly.

I cannot fathom the level of derp possesed by the folks that think this will help the Republican party win elections.............

talk about a clawback............

clawback-hammer-hr-comp.gif

Back