Getting Closer: Taxpayer Funded Universal Medical Care For All!

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Friday May 29, 2015

As the Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare") continues to unravel, more attention is being devoted Government provided, taxpayer funded, "cradle to grave" Healthcare options.

The latest and largest state to attempt cutting health insurance overhead, and red-tape out of the health/medical care equation is New York.

Excerpt:
"The New York Assembly voted 89-47 on Wednesday in favor of legislation [A05062 materials] establishing publicly funded universal health coverage in which all New York residents may enroll. Supporters of the legislation said that the coverage would be extended to the uninsured and costs would be reduced by not involving insurance companies."

Full Story: JURIST - New York Assembly votes in favor of universal health coverage

HillaryCare Started The Movement: One Step Closer to Government-Run Health Care -- And You Pay for All of It - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Senator Obama says he'll get America to "Single Payer". Just be patient...
Video - 53 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE

ac

As much as some in DC may want single payer, I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever.

Too much debt already.

Medicare is OK but due to run out of $$$ by 2030

UK system unraveling. Same for Germany, France, Spain and Italy.

Less than 10M on Obamacare and it is listing to the side. No way they can handle 330M

Friday May 29, 2015

As the Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare") continues to unravel, more attention is being devoted Government provided, taxpayer funded, "cradle to grave" Healthcare options.

The latest and largest state to attempt cutting health insurance overhead, and red-tape out of the health/medical care equation is New York.

Excerpt:
"The New York Assembly voted 89-47 on Wednesday in favor of legislation [A05062 materials] establishing publicly funded universal health coverage in which all New York residents may enroll. Supporters of the legislation said that the coverage would be extended to the uninsured and costs would be reduced by not involving insurance companies."

Full Story: JURIST - New York Assembly votes in favor of universal health coverage

HillaryCare Started The Movement: One Step Closer to Government-Run Health Care -- And You Pay for All of It - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Senator Obama says he'll get America to "Single Payer". Just be patient...
Video - 53 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE

ac

I doubt they'll get people to jump off of Medicare on to a new state program like this . . . .

I posted the update/full text in the NY forum a few days ago if anyone wants to read it.

Right now, it passed assembly, won't pass senate unless something weird happens (should have a 1-vote advantage). We lose that advantage soon, and it's not at all unlikely for this to pass next session.

For reference, a similar single-payer plan is proposed every year. When I was lobbying in Albany with NAHU, the support for single payer from decision makers was near unanimous-many of us were taken aback.

IF you thought Obamacare was half-baked, give this thing a read.

The payroll taxes needed to support a single payer system would dwarf Social Security and Medicare; employers and employees already pay 2.5% total towards Medicare, insuring the entire population would require something way north of that and cripple the economy, I just don't see how it would be feasible.

It's going to happen, just not sure when. Bankruptcy scare tactics only work on the hard right and the wealthy. Fact is, a large portion of the population are already bankrupt, they have nothing to lose.

It's going to happen, just not sure when. Bankruptcy scare tactics only work on the hard right and the wealthy. Fact is, a large portion of the population are already bankrupt, they have nothing to lose.

It's not that a large portion of the population are already bankrupt, it's that a large portion of the population are uninformed and don't care how it impacts the country until it impacts them. They want something until they realize it costs them. It is usually too late at that point. The damage is done.

It amazes me how many people say something like, "the government needs to do something about this". For example, I was helping a woman enroll in a subsidized plan. In 2014 she was happy. But when rates went up in 2015 and she had to move to a higher deductible and still pay slightly more than the prior year, that was her exact response, "the government needs to do something about this". I simply explained, the government DID do something and this is the consequence. But to her this isn't Obama and the Democrats fault. I won't be helping her enroll in a plan for next year. The only way she'll remain a client is if she keeps her existing plan.

Age?...........56
Zip code? ........34239
tobacco? .........no
income?...........30k
registered democrat?..........buh bye

"I thought Obamacare was here to help us! Why can't I enroll mid-year? I just want to get the testing done, then drop the plan if I don't have cancer. I'll keep it if I have cancer." This is what a 32 year old real estate agent told me last week, when her Dad (my client for 20+ years) asked me to help his daughter who lost her insurance 6 months ago due to a divorce. She just found a sizable breast lump. Fortunately, we have one carrier who will enroll without an SEP, and she's even upset about that, because it costs $286 per month.

Back