Medicaid - Just As Good As Being Uninsured

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
The NCPA is basically bought and paid for by the large carriers. That does not mean that their postions are not valid or "interesting" or without merit, but there is an old saying: "Once you learn that the truth will set you free, find out how much it will set you back."

Everyone has a dog in the health care fight. It helps to know who is backing what dog!

After reading the article you would do well to read some of the comments and opposing views to perhaps come away with a better perspective.

Al
499WordPressDesign
"An attractive website at a reasonable price, $499"

I don't want to get into the politics but I believe the study...In my area most DRs offices will not take on a new patient with Medicaid, If your an existing patient that has had a situation change leading you to Medicaid you might be able to keep the Dr. So the ER ends up becoming the Drs office for many on Mainecare, We all know preventive medicine is not being performed at the ER and Medicaid patients are probably not getting annual physicals so that by the time they feel they have an issue its probably to late to do much of anything.

I do not know what the solution is other than more jobs so people can afford health insurance. I don't believe in forcing a Drs office to take on patients that cost them money based on reiumbursement rates which only leads to higher cost for those already struggling to get by.

Latest posts

Back