Sebelius is Now Fundraising for ACA Implementation?

Hey I have an idea. Why not use the experienced, highly trained licensed force of insurance agents /brokers estimated to be 700k in the Usa ?Use the funds and resources to compensate them. No that doesn't make any sense.....Let's try to put a rag-tag group of miltia together on a shoestring budget to fight a war when we have a professional,well equipped standing army..no makes no sense ..

If they are asking churches and health insurance execs for money, it's just a matter of time before they start asking their other ACA "friends" for money.......like agents and republicans :skeptical::goofy:

Had to low ball the cost (by about half) in order to get it to pass without being laughed at. Come asking for the other half with a few months left, got laughed at.

Now they're asking people who stand to profit from the passing to pay into it.

Whoever didn't see this coming probably thinks celebrity marriages will last forever.

**The news cycles come and go so quickly, ANYONE can pretty much do whatever they want, knowing their actions won't be followed up in any meaningful way.

As a society, we have no memory. If it's not headlines today it's gone from consciousness.

Well, the current Sebelius saga isn't going to blow over as quickly as her 2012 law-breaking activities. With so many scandals and improprieties knocking at the door of the White House this week, Congressional leaders see Sebelius's "shake down" of insurance companies, combined with the IRS behavior as counterproductive to ObamaCare's effectiveness.

""The letter to Sebelius asks her to provide several pieces of information by May 27 related to the solicitations, including names of those contacted “in this unusual fundraising pitch” as well as phone logs and whether other agency officials were involved.

The 11 companies receiving letters include insurance groups Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, United Healthcare and Blue Shield of California.""

Source:
House committee to probe Sebelius soliciting money for ObamaCare signups | Fox News

ALSO:
GOP preparing bill to deny funds for IRS ObamaCare agents - The Hill's Healthwatch

-ac

The 11 companies receiving letters include insurance groups Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, United Healthcare and Blue Shield of California.""

If any of those insurers give money to navigators rather than pay a fair commission to agents/brokers, they will have a pretty angry group of people to answer to!

Maybe I am making too much of a jump here, but if Sebelius is asking insurance companies to financially support organizations that are "working to enroll uninsured Americans and increase awareness of the law" which I read as Navigators, wouldn't that violate the very law she is trying to raise funds for? I didn't think Navigators could be compensated directly or indirectly by insurance companies?

Back