UHC Goes to 0% Commission After Jan 1st??

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
Can any one confirm this? Another agency owner told me he was called today and his UHC acct rep left a message saying as of Jan 1 2106; commissions go to 0%. Any business written up to that point will be paid a 2% (here in NC).

I have received a message from my rep to call her back. Have not been able to reach her yet.
R

CONFIRMED - just received email. THanks UHC for a great start to our weekend.

Last edited:
Although UnitedHealthcare's individual On-Exchange plans remain available in all 34 states marketed for 2016, it has been determined we need to further adjust commissions paid on these products.
Effective January 1, 2016, no commissions will be paid for any new UnitedHealthcare Individual On-Exchange (and Off-Exchange mirror plans*) enrollments received on or after this date, in most states. Please see state exceptions below.** The new commission schedules will be available on our Broker Portal on January 1, 2016.
Please keep in mind:
• These changes do not affect UnitedHealthcare Medicare agreements or any other lines of UnitedHealthcare business. Only On-Exchange (and Off-Exchange mirror plans) individual health is affected.
• UnitedHealthcare will continue to pay according to the commission schedule in effect at the time a plan was sold for all new 2016 On-Exchange plans (and Off-Exchange mirror plans) received December 31, 2015 and prior.
• This change does not affect 2015 renewal commission rates which are unchanged from the 2015 schedules.
• These changes do not affect our members, their networks, plan benefits or the servicing of their plans.
As insurance companies across the nation make adjustments in response to the evolving Marketplace, it is our sincere hope that you will continue to remain active in the health insurance market. Your knowledge and professional services are valued by consumers and carriers alike.
Thank you for your business and also your patience as we implement these changes.

*Mirror plans are those plans that are identical to On-Exchange Plans (same license, benefits, etc.) and are required to be offered Off Exchange.

Now they definitely only get the sickest of the sick! Can't let my local blue get driven out of the business because of tons of claims, they are the last paying commissions in town!

----------

• These changes do not affect our members, their networks, plan benefits or the servicing of their plans.

Also funny, it does not affect our members or servicing of their plans... I don't foresee myself servicing their book too heavily

Merry Christmas Valued Partner. From the letter: "it is our sincere hope that you will continue to remain active in the health insurance market."

<<<SIGH>>>>

Yup, same in WA, just got the email today. They don't sell outside of the exchange here, so just another free service agents are expected to provide.

I can't understand how UHC is claiming to that they are losing their shorts on their individual business when they didn't participate in year 1, went into select markets in year 2 and only expanded their footprint this year?

Why aren't the Blues, Aetna/Coventry, Humana, etc whining about getting killed by their individual book. They should be worse off than UHC since they have been in the exchanges longer and have larger membership right?

I think UHC is just using this as an excuse to squeeze out the brokers.

I can't understand how UHC is claiming to that they are losing their shorts on their individual business when they didn't participate in year 1, went into select markets in year 2 and only expanded their footprint this year?

Why aren't the Blues, Aetna/Coventry, Humana, etc whining about getting killed by their individual book. They should be worse off than UHC since they have been in the exchanges longer and have larger membership right?

I think UHC is just using this as an excuse to squeeze out the brokers.

It's only a matter of time before they all do this . . . .

It's not to squeeze out the brokers IMO. They took all off exchange plans on their website even for clients to look at on the own. It's like they don't want any biz

Read this artical it explains what UHC is up to.
They already get the SCHIP in most states. Now they just sell STM and dump,the sick to other carriers tell obamacare totally implodes or is repealed. It won't last past next enrollment .

Obamacare is Gone

Back