VALUE PENGUIN Info and Feedback

Not sure, but I have been looking at 2015 plan info for a few weeks. It was mentioned somewhere.

Your state (Ohio) must be run by Republicans who didn't obey the Obama administration, and withhold rates until after the election. In fact, Ohio was one of the first states to release the 2015 premium increases. Most other states still aren't showing 2015 rates yet on Value Penguin. I'm surprised that California defied the "request".

Oddly, Ohio voted Democrat (and Obama). However, our Governor is Republican and aside of the big cities (Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton and a few others), I never run into Democrats!

Hmmmm.... Does that mean you drive the rural roads when you want to "run into" Democrats?

Strangely, even in the big cities (We're just North of Cincinnati), the "city" is heavily Democrat. The outlying suburbs which encompass a huge area are not.

I didn't know republicans existed until I was 25 and left Ohio... and if anyone in Ohio says they are independent that means they are have voted Democrat their whole life. Period.

The website lists an 800 to call an agent, and when you do, you're put in touch with an agent through individualhealthquotes dot.com

they are now competing against us, vs being just a compare quotes engine.

they are now competing against us, vs being just a compare quotes engine.

Actually, Value Penguin started this around October of last year. See post #57 dtd 10-13-2013 in this thread.

VP is for agent use only, for really quick quotes, because you don't need to enter DOB for each applicant like at other websites.

Back