Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Indexed Universal Life Forum

Reply to IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?     
Old 12-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
Guru
Freddie on IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

State: Freddie is an Insurance Agent from Florida
IUL Life Insurance Company in So California? IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?
A few years ago I saw a good analysis using IUL for retirement and eventual tax free income in retirement. They used a life insurance company in So Cal, possibly San Diego. It was not Pac Life. They minimized the death benefit to make it more of a retirement vehicle. It seemed like it might be very good for someone who maxed out their IRA.

It seemed like a better alternative to a Fixed Indexed Annuity for the right person. The ability to pull money out down the road was pretty attractive. I realize IUL's have been and are being oversold in many cases.

Any ideas? Or is North American a good alternative? Thanks.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

State: bedrosiani is an Insurance Agent from
IUL Life Insurance Company in So California? Re: IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?
Hello,
North American is a good company, but lately I have been using North Life Group/LSW which is a great one too.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
Guru

State: pfg1 is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
pfg1 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
IUL Life Insurance Company in So California? Re: IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?
There are plenty of good companies that offer IUL's that can be designed at you stated. NA, LSW, Lincoln, ANICO, and many more. What you are describing is more of policy design than a particular product...and is not limited to one particular company.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
Super Genius
Lewis_FL on IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

State: Lewis_FL is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Must have been a WFG recruitment meeting...They like WRL or Transamerica.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #5
Guru
Freddie on IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

State: Freddie is an Insurance Agent from Florida
IUL Life Insurance Company in So California? Re: IUL Life Insurance Company in So California? Freddie is the thread starter for: IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

Originally Posted by Lewis_FL View Post
Must have been a WFG recruitment meeting...They like WRL or Transamerica.
Ha ha! No. It was about 6 years ago at a big FMO. The guy has become pretty successful with two offices in MI and TX. He would use an IUL to move larger sized IRA's instead of a Roth conversion.

I want to say it might have been Columbus Life but they are in Columbus, OH. I am pretty sure they are in the San Diego area. They were a solid company and at least A rated.

Thanks for the other suggestions and for pointing out it is just the policy design versus any individual company. I knew that was the case but was trying to remember the company.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
benefitguy on IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

State: benefitguy is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
Ha ha! No. It was about 6 years ago at a big FMO. The guy has become pretty successful with two offices in MI and TX. He would use an IUL to move larger sized IRA's instead of a Roth conversion.

I want to say it might have been Columbus Life but they are in Columbus, OH. I am pretty sure they are in the San Diego area. They were a solid company and at least A rated.

Thanks for the other suggestions and for pointing out it is just the policy design versus any individual company. I knew that was the case but was trying to remember the company.
I have built a successful team in Los Angeles using the same Tax free Alternatives. these are the companies I use in order, National Life for the living Benefits, F&G life no cap Proprietary product with SYNCIS my company only on certain Index product and insane term rider that can be added to age 100 for real cheep, We do offer GA contracts. Anico if outside California and if it is a government employee, Living benefits outside California. and AIG as a last resort. And no I don't work with WFG, FEG, PHP. Our office does about 20 million a year. I believe these are great alternatives to qualified plan and should be used in addition 401k, IRA, Roth IRA. They need to be set up the proper way or the client may get hurt and have tax consequences, I like to make sure the product has overloan protection and offers LIVING BENEFITS, I like to add the the term rider so if need be the client is able to use the term benefit first and if a must use the cash value part.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #7
Guru
mickeyma on IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

State: mickeyma is an Insurance Agent from California
It seemed like a better alternative to a Fixed Indexed Annuity

They probably were referring to a single-premium life policy. Could have a no-lapse rider attached.

If you're looking for a great life company for cash-value policies, check out Midland National Life in Sioux Falls, SD. I've been with them for the last 9 years and it's the best one I have worked with in 36 yrs selling life ins.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #8
EZ_FL_Guy on IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?

State: EZ_FL_Guy is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Yeah FEG is out there and they are location in the San Diego area. Rancho Cordova i think...

Old 05-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #9
Super Genius

State: louiefrias is an Insurance Agent from
Sounds like a solid set up...always keeping the client in mind. Money is a byproduct of doing a great job. DO you have a website we can look at BenefitGuy?

Louie Frias
Corporate Sales Trainer
NV DOI Lic. No. 84574
CA DOI Lic. No. 0L23456
MyPrivatePensionPlan.com
Old 05-08-2016, 05:18 PM   #10
Super Genius

State: L5tc is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
IUL Life Insurance Company in So California?
How do you use "iuls instead of a Roth conversion" huh? You roll Traditional IRA's into the cash value? I'm sure that's not what you meant.
Reply to IUL Life Insurance Company in So California? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Indexed Universal Life Forum

Tags
life insurance