Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

USHealth offers comprehensive coverage that is customizable, pulling the good parts from major medical and eliminating the undesirable qualities of major medical, and offering excellent coverage options at lower costs. USHealth offers fixed indemnity products and tailored comprehensive coverage options.

Care to share with us an example of the "undesirable" qualities of major medical??

Care to explain to the audience what "fixed indemnity" is, and how it is different than major medical?

Can't wait to hear what "tailored comprehensive" means? Is that kind of like only covering a stroke, because I plan to have one next year?

Still waiting for a quote on your HSA plan.

USHealth offers comprehensive coverage that is customizable, pulling the good parts from major medical and eliminating the undesirable qualities of major medical, and offering excellent coverage options at lower costs. USHealth offers fixed indemnity products and tailored comprehensive coverage options.

Is it part of the ushealth contracting that you must post on this thread?
Every 2 months a new person signs up just to post on this.
:1rolleyes:

USHA guy called me trying to convince me to sign on with them. Claims they provide all leads and guarantee they not only are people that requested info, but are also local to my area so I could even go see them in person if I preferred.

Said CIGNA was their major carrier.

They still have that $90 fee to get appointed.....which I find really annoying.

They know just what to say to lure people in. I mean I don't know jack squat about selling $300+/month health insurance plans and no clue how to prospect for that. He made it sound very tempting to have the dialer call on "leads" that requested info.

CIGNA obviously is a recognizable name to me as well.

But you guys make it sound like it's a bad move and in the forum I trust....

CIGNA and PHCS are the two PPO Networks that Freedom Life uses. Cigna is not the bill-payor...Freedom Life is.

Here's a link to the brochure of USHealth/Freedom Life's flagship policy, the "Secure Value Plus" plan:
http://www.ushealthgroup.com/Brochures/Security Health Advisors/IL/SecValPlus-BR-FLIC-0712.pdf

Those who sell this policy would be wise to transition to learning and selling REAL major medical for another company this year. In 2014, scheduled-benefit plans, like Secure Value Plus, will be illegal in the U.S.A.. Only plans that allow a daily dollar amount of cash, paid directly to the consumer, will be allowed. No more of the "scheduled benefit" type of plans that pay $5,000 for Surgery, $800 for a CAT Scan, etc..
-ac

CIGNA and PHCS are the two PPO Networks that Freedom Life uses. Cigna is not the bill-payor...Freedom Life is.

Here's a link to the brochure of USHealth/Freedom Life's flagship policy, the "Secure Value Plus" plan:
http://www.ushealthgroup.com/Brochures/Security Health Advisors/IL/SecValPlus-BR-FLIC-0712.pdf

Those who sell this policy would be wise to transition to learning and selling REAL major medical for another company this year. In 2014, scheduled-benefit plans, like Secure Value Plus, will be illegal in the U.S.A.. Only plans that allow a daily dollar amount of cash, paid directly to the consumer, will be allowed. No more of the "scheduled benefit" type of plans that pay $5,000 for Surgery, $800 for a CAT Scan, etc..
-ac

Allen, you are correct and TY for clarifying what I could not recall from fact.

here is a problem I have with one thing you said as I had the exact same talk with one of these guys on the phone last month;
moving to a major med now or in 2014 is probably a lost cause... here's why: they are probably on advance comp now with heavy debt balance and most likely will be vectored if they leave or the company closes that will keep them from being appointed with other carriers.

next, since it looks like we will be going % based comp and not per member per year it will take these guys a loooong time to build up a renewal base so there will be months and months of low comp.....

if you aint got a hudge block of clients now or already on as as earned basis you might and probably are screwed

I would suggest you read this entire article - Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us | TIME.com

Pay particular attention to the parts where people's limited-benefit/indemnity plans ran out of benefits. These are the type of plans that US Health sells.

I would suggest you read this entire article - Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us | TIME.com

Pay particular attention to the parts where people's limited-benefit/indemnity plans ran out of benefits. These are the type of plans that US Health sells.

As well as ........ Cash Before Chemo | TEXAS HEALTH INSURANCE

"When Lisa Kelly learned she had leukemia in late 2006, her doctor advised her to seek urgent care at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. But the nonprofit hospital refused to accept Mrs. Kelly’s limited insurance. It asked for $105,000 in cash before it would admit her."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes, I am an agent with USHealth Advisors. While USHealth Advisors was formed as a partnership to help small businesses, self-employed and individuals/families in 2006, USHealth Group has been going strong for 50 years. USHEalth Advisors, with Cigna Great WEst being one of its partners, offers comprehensive, customizable health coverage, not subject the mandates of the Affordable Care Act because they are not classifed as "major medical". Our business model is patented, and we offer benefits that are not found anywhere else.

hey......send this to your clients.........

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read through this entire ridiculous post. If you don't work for USHealth you have no frame of reference to debate their products. They do offer fixed indemnity guaranteed issue fixed benefit products. Why? Because people with pre-existing conditions who are ineligible for major medical coverage need as much coverage as they can afford. Considering that Obamacare has suspended PCIP both on the state and federal level, choosing a plan with built in ancillary products like accident coverage and critical illness coverage is a better option than one without.

For those of you hating on consumers choosing USHealth's comprehensive plan with a 3 year rate lock in lieu of a major med plan, I'll ask you this. How many major med plans will allow you to build in critical illness coverage, supplemental accident coverage, hospital confinement coverage, disability coverage, life insurance, dental in a plan that offers any kind of rate guarantee? The answer is none. How do I know? I know because I was a broker for years and was very successful. I came to USHealth because I recognized the climate of this business is changing. The commissions dwindled to nothing, and the one size fits all plans offered by major meds carriers don't meet the needs of consumers and the best major med option, an HSA, is going to fall through the cracks of Obamacare based on all we know.

For you brokers who reference 1/1/2014, you all should do some research on your exchanges. First off, there is still no clear explanation of all that has to be covered with a compliant plan. However, we do know two things. We know that the IRS has released a press release explaining that for a family of 5 the premium is expected to be $20,000 a year at the lowest, bronze, level of coverage. Humana is already quoting some compliant plans in TX. For a family of 4 the premium range is $1400-4000/mo. We also know that the architects of this bill have made everyone associated with it exempt from the coverage.

The issues that cause forums and threads like these are that people from different sales backgrounds come to USHealth thinking that they can sell anything, and they cram to get licensed but have no understanding or experience working with health insurance. They also underestimate the importance of that experience. That doesn't mean that the coverage isn't great, it means that the products are being misrepresented by some and people are sometimes being sold fixed indemnity plans because it is all the can qualify for or afford. The same scenario happens in the major med brokerage world everyday. Agents getting the sell and not explaining the coverage to the client. It's funny to listen to people hate on USHealth who have no idea what they're talking about and taking the position that a major med policy is always the best option.

If you don't think that carrying comprehensive coverage that covers you just as a major med plan does all the while limiting your financial liability by building in ancillaries into one plan, and stabilizing your premium for 3 years at time; just wait until 1/1/2014. What good is the greatest coverage if you can't afford the premium. That penalty is going to be a drop in the bucket compared to the savings on premiums alone. Wake up.

Your thought process is flawed.

HSA's will survive obamacare in the silver/bronze categories.

People with Pre-ex will be able to get major medical in 2014, so no need for indemnity plan.

If serious pre-ex, indemnity plan will never pay off, and your clients will call you crying, and your lawyer better be good and cheap.

Only an indemnity product can offer a rate guarantee, because the insurance company has a defined limited risk.

HHS has come out with benefits required on the exchange, and your product won't make it.

Lots of companies offer a menu of products (Unitedhealth, Assurant, Humana), and if not, being a broker allows you to offer those ancillary products through a different carrier.

Only a true broker is positioned to do what's best for the client. A captive agent has only one trick in their bag.

I don't quite understand this:

If you don't think that carrying comprehensive coverage that covers you just as a major med plan does

Does the definition of "limited benefit" mean the same as "comprehensive coverage" and "major med?"

Glad I'm here to learn.

Rick

Last edited:
here is what I don't understand.... this thread has 11 pages and 109 post... why?

why are we.... experienced agents, falling for this thread..... why are we posting rebuttals? we know what happens: new member every week or so gets on here preaching the talking points provided by the company only to have us all get in a tizzy rebutting their trash.....senior posters if you just stop commenting and ignore the post it will stop.

Back