2nd Day of Cold Calling..

Florida_Girl

So don't remember who on this forum gave this advice but I wrote it down. I am on my second day of cold calling...from 10-12p, 1-3p, and 6-8p. I have actually spoken with quite a few ppl (only had 1 person yell at me) and made two appts so far. Still trying to work on my "flow" ...but anyway, I am calling Florida residents and I've heard some agents say don't call in FL. Just wondering why that is??

Because there are more old people in Florida and they've all learned how to put spells on you for calling. The solution to this problem is to have one that is a witch already do the calling for you, like a mother-in-law, for example.

So don't remember who on this forum gave this advice but I wrote it down. I am on my second day of cold calling...from 10-12p, 1-3p, and 6-8p. I have actually spoken with quite a few ppl (only had 1 person yell at me) and made two appts so far. Still trying to work on my "flow" ...but anyway, I am calling Florida residents and I've heard some agents say don't call in FL. Just wondering why that is??

I believe that the reasoning behind that advice is that Florida has a high MA penetration rate, so a lot of the activity there is going to involve offering a better advantage plan, which you can't initiate by cold calling.

Because there are more old people in Florida and they've all learned how to put spells on you for calling. The solution to this problem is to have one that is a witch already do the calling for you, like a mother-in-law, for example.

So you have met my EX-MIL???

Thanks for the info though. So I have not been mentioning ANYTHING about MA during my o/b though. I am using very generic scripting syinging I'm helping seniors save money and better coverage, etc. --- Question: am I allowed to say anything about upcoming open enrollment?? I haven't been since that is generally MA stuff but thought I would ask.

Sounds like you're making some progress! 2 apts is pretty solid for just your second day.

Florida and California seem to be the hardest place to do Cold Calling! People seem more available to at least listen to you in the MidWest and the South (excluding Florida).

its not about what you are doing or how youre doing it. its the fact that you are calling people who are getting saturated with cold calls.

How many dials, reaches and prospects did you make to get 2 appointments?

its not about what you are doing or how youre doing it. its the fact that you are calling people who are getting saturated with cold calls.

How many dials, reaches and prospects did you make to get 2 appointments?

Ok...so I need to do a better job of tracking this info. I just started dialing. Rough estimates: I dial on Wed and Thurs usually when off from my other J.O.B. (literally just over broke - not even kidding). 120:8:2 <---- this is for both days last week. Monday afternoon went out and met with one; learned other one is a lil crazy. Don't do crazy. BUT did a door knock..talked to couple. Wife want a review of the med supp and Hubby wants a different MA. Was feeling kinda good abt myself...:-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Insurance Forums

Here is a tip I got from a life insurance training school:
There are 168 hours in a week. The 2 hours during which more people are home and likely to answer the phone are from 4pm to 6pm on Sundays. They recommended setting up 12, or 2 appointments per day, all during those 2 hours.

Back