Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard     
Old 03-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #31
Super Genius
Rick Deckard on Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

State: Rick Deckard is an Insurance Agent from
Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard Re: Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard Rick Deckard is the thread starter for: Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
Not sure but I believe you missed my point Professor.
I am definitely sure that you missed mine.

Why do folks take offense to an internet message board where someone is simply stating the obvious? You're gonna say you weren't offended and were just joking, I get it.

Mark, I just want to try and have a high level conversation or exchange of information if possible. I wasn't trying to make folks feel bad based on where they plant their flag in this country. We're all Americans, we all want each other to succeed in here, I don't mean anything disrespectful in my posts.

But again, I think you were simply yanking my chain...called me professor so I know we're just having fun here. If I was abrasive in any way simply forgive me please, thanks.

Cheers!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard
Old 03-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #32
Guru
goillini52 on Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard Re: Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post

Why do folks take offense to an internet message board where someone is simply stating the obvious? You're gonna say you weren't offended and were just joking, I get it.

Mark, I just want to try and have a high level conversation or exchange of information if possible. I wasn't trying to make folks feel bad based on where they plant their flag in this country. We're all Americans, we all want each other to succeed in here, I don't mean anything disrespectful in my posts.

But again, I think you were simply yanking my chain...called me professor so I know we're just having fun here. If I was abrasive in any way simply forgive me please, thanks.

Cheers!

Hahahaa, you're the one that calls yourself professor. That's funny how you think all people from Tennessee are stupid, yet you can't remember that Louis already explained how he got the name Rousemark and that his name isn't Mark...it's Louis.

http://seniormarketdesign.com/

1,000 piece DM drop with any combination of 12 issued Med Supp/FE policies
Street Comp, Nat'l CSG, Open Releases...tell 'em goillini52 sent you
Old 03-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #33
Guru
rousemark on Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard Re: Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

Cheers!
Wasn't joking and wasn't offended. Juts making a comment on how pretentious you come across with the statement, "I hope you can read that and digest it. "
It sounds as if you think you might be on a higher level than your audience on the forum. Also, I called you "Professor" because, again, you were pretentious enough to introduce yourself in that manner in the thread title.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #34
Guru
goillini52 on Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Wasn't joking and wasn't offended. Juts making a comment on how pretentious you come across with the statement, "I hope you can read that and digest it. "
It sounds as if you think you might be on a higher level than your audience on the forum. Also, I called you "Professor" because, again, you were pretentious enough to introduce yourself in that manner in the thread title.

The Professor should get together with Shakespeare(nylife11023).
Old 03-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #35
Guru

Originally Posted by goillini52 View Post
The Professor should get together with Shakespeare(nylife11023).
Uh Oh... I am starting to think along the same lines as you...... That can't be good.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #36
Super Genius

Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard Re: Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard Rick Deckard is the thread starter for: Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

I sent you a PM, hope that works.

Last edited by Rick Deckard; 03-09-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #37
Guru

I sent you a PM, hope that works.
Received it.. No problems.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:47 AM   #38
Super Genius
TevisVerrett on Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

State: TevisVerrett is an Insurance Agent from California
Finally hit 20 posts, looking forward to a lot of threads here.

I am going to try and create a quality 1st thread. I. . .

I think thats good for now. I have a lot to add as I take breaks between my CC here at the office. Keep dialing but dial with a purpose.

Cheers for now!
Thank you Rick, I did read it through, made me very uncomfortable. . .

That is good, very good, as it slapped me out of my comfort zone and kicked me in the butt. I have become seduced by referral clients and forgot the fundamentals. I LOATHE cold calling, though need to slay my demons and get back on the phone.

Thanks for caring enough for all of us to spend the time, my brother!

Tevis Verrett
Triumvirate Advisors Group
www.TriumvirateAdvisors.com
Old 03-09-2017, 10:47 AM   #39
Super Genius

Originally Posted by goillini52 View Post
Hahahaa, you're the one that calls yourself professor. That's funny how you think all people from Tennessee are stupid, yet you can't remember that Louis already explained how he got the name Rousemark and that his name isn't Mark...it's Louis.
Hey 52

I have a great memory, it's just short

I sent my new buddy Louis a PM. Just FTR, I never called anyone in TN stupid, in fact I praised Tennessee if you scroll back.

I'll try harder or not but definitely one of the two
Old 03-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #40
Expert

State: JohnnyB17 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
I don't think any of us are in a position to NOT accept free advice. I certainly am always open to criticism and any type of advice. For me cold calling is something that I avoid like the plague. I hate it, I suck at it, and I'm willing to realize that fact. I've found every conceivable way to drum up business besides having to go that route, and so when things get really slow, as they are now, and I have no other place to turn, I hate myself for not being better at cold calling. There's hangups, there's people cursing at you, etc etc.... I hope that oneday I'll be better at it.
Reply to Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum