Cold Calling 101: Professor Richard Deckard

Not sure but I believe you missed my point Professor.

I am definitely sure that you missed mine.

Why do folks take offense to an internet message board where someone is simply stating the obvious? You're gonna say you weren't offended and were just joking, I get it.

Mark, I just want to try and have a high level conversation or exchange of information if possible. I wasn't trying to make folks feel bad based on where they plant their flag in this country. We're all Americans, we all want each other to succeed in here, I don't mean anything disrespectful in my posts.

But again, I think you were simply yanking my chain...called me professor so I know we're just having fun here. If I was abrasive in any way simply forgive me please, thanks.

Cheers!

Why do folks take offense to an internet message board where someone is simply stating the obvious? You're gonna say you weren't offended and were just joking, I get it.

Mark, I just want to try and have a high level conversation or exchange of information if possible. I wasn't trying to make folks feel bad based on where they plant their flag in this country. We're all Americans, we all want each other to succeed in here, I don't mean anything disrespectful in my posts.

But again, I think you were simply yanking my chain...called me professor so I know we're just having fun here. If I was abrasive in any way simply forgive me please, thanks.

Cheers!

Hahahaa, you're the one that calls yourself professor. That's funny how you think all people from Tennessee are stupid, yet you can't remember that Louis already explained how he got the name Rousemark and that his name isn't Mark...it's Louis.:twitchy:

Cheers!

Wasn't joking and wasn't offended. Juts making a comment on how pretentious you come across with the statement, "I hope you can read that and digest it. "
It sounds as if you think you might be on a higher level than your audience on the forum. Also, I called you "Professor" because, again, you were pretentious enough to introduce yourself in that manner in the thread title. :err:

Wasn't joking and wasn't offended. Juts making a comment on how pretentious you come across with the statement, "I hope you can read that and digest it. "
It sounds as if you think you might be on a higher level than your audience on the forum. Also, I called you "Professor" because, again, you were pretentious enough to introduce yourself in that manner in the thread title. :err:

The Professor should get together with Shakespeare(nylife11023).:twitchy:

I sent you a PM, hope that works.

Last edited:
Finally hit 20 posts, looking forward to a lot of threads here.

I am going to try and create a quality 1st thread. I. . .

I think that’s good for now. I have a lot to add as I take breaks between my CC here at the office. Keep dialing but dial with a purpose.

Cheers for now!

Thank you Rick, I did read it through, made me very uncomfortable. . .

That is good, very good, as it slapped me out of my comfort zone and kicked me in the butt. I have become seduced by referral clients and forgot the fundamentals. I LOATHE cold calling, though need to slay my demons and get back on the phone.

Thanks for caring enough for all of us to spend the time, my brother!

Hahahaa, you're the one that calls yourself professor. That's funny how you think all people from Tennessee are stupid, yet you can't remember that Louis already explained how he got the name Rousemark and that his name isn't Mark...it's Louis.:twitchy:

Hey 52 :laugh:

I have a great memory, it's just short

I sent my new buddy Louis a PM. Just FTR, I never called anyone in TN stupid, in fact I praised Tennessee if you scroll back.

I'll try harder or not but definitely one of the two :biggrin:

I don't think any of us are in a position to NOT accept free advice. I certainly am always open to criticism and any type of advice. For me cold calling is something that I avoid like the plague. I hate it, I suck at it, and I'm willing to realize that fact. I've found every conceivable way to drum up business besides having to go that route, and so when things get really slow, as they are now, and I have no other place to turn, I hate myself for not being better at cold calling. There's hangups, there's people cursing at you, etc etc.... I hope that oneday I'll be better at it. :laugh:

Back