Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to Cold Calling with a Dialer     
Old 06-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts:87
State: regularAgent is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Cold Calling with a Dialer Cold Calling with a Dialer
I have not used this systems and I have 3 question:
****1. For a single agent at this moment which is the calling system (Dialer) that I supose to use.
****2.- Where to get a reliable list
****3.- How to check the list agains the DNC

Looking to call businesses to set up appointment (Florida) to sell momentarily face-to-face, life insurance / retirement plans / Health group
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
Guru
Josh on Cold Calling with a Dialer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts:11,762
State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer
For a single agent a multi-line dialer is usually going to end up being a little bit of overkill. EVS7.com has the dolphin dialer which is a single line which is pretty efficient and avoids the problem of dealing with more than one person answering at the same time (which does create a compliance issue).

I have a bias that ListShack.com is the obvious choice for a list. For $50/month you can download up to 5,000 at a time and up to 50,000 per month. This comes in particularly handy if you're wanting to try out different markets/approaches/etc. Alternatively I believe some folks resell Natimark data at a pretty significant discount and that's something you may want to consider as well, but the quality difference is generally pretty insignificant on the average.

With respect to the DNC, to be perfectly compliant you'll want to register at https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/. With that SAN you can download a suppression list of up to 5 area codes for free. You can then usehttp://www.makemycalls.com/dncsoftware.html to run the DNC scrub. You're supposed to do that at least once every 30 days. Most list brokers will do a courtesy scrub when you buy the list, but on the off chance you ended up in court the only way to really protect yourself is to be doing the scrubs yourself.

------------------------------------


Telemarketing lists for $50/month
www.ListShack.com
Great for FE, Medicare, Auto, Homeowners, and more!
888-905-3282
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts:60
State: mr_furly is an Insurance Agent from
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer
One person calling businesses doesnt need a dialer...someone is going to pickup every time you call.

Never heard of someone worrying about DNC for B2B calls.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
Guru
Glen Shelton on Cold Calling with a Dialer
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts:1,764
State: Glen Shelton is an Insurance Agent from Oregon
Glen Shelton is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
For a single agent a multi-line dialer is usually going to end up being a little bit of overkill. EVS7.com has the dolphin dialer which is a single line which is pretty efficient and avoids the problem of dealing with more than one person answering at the same time (which does create a compliance issue).

I have a bias that ListShack.com is the obvious choice for a list. For $50/month you can download up to 5,000 at a time and up to 50,000 per month. This comes in particularly handy if you're wanting to try out different markets/approaches/etc. Alternatively I believe some folks resell Natimark data at a pretty significant discount and that's something you may want to consider as well, but the quality difference is generally pretty insignificant on the average.

With respect to the DNC, to be perfectly compliant you'll want to register at https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/. With that SAN you can download a suppression list of up to 5 area codes for free. You can then usehttp://www.makemycalls.com/dncsoftware.html to run the DNC scrub. You're supposed to do that at least once every 30 days. Most list brokers will do a courtesy scrub when you buy the list, but on the off chance you ended up in court the only way to really protect yourself is to be doing the scrubs yourself.
EVS7 is actually one of the dialer companies that I actually recommend in my review article ...

Top 12 Dialers for Insurance Agents
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #5
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts:87
State: regularAgent is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer regularAgent is the thread starter for: Cold Calling with a Dialer

Thanks to all of you for the info, now I'm done.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #6
Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts:308
State: timamr is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer
Originally Posted by mr_furly View Post
One person calling businesses doesnt need a dialer...someone is going to pickup every time you call.

Never heard of someone worrying about DNC for B2B calls.
I am with u Mr Furly when it comes to not needing a DNC for biz. As for a business answering everytime, not so, but more than calling on a home landline.

For me, I use a one line dialer nowadays (was using 3 at one time) and can go thru around 50-70 dials per hour, depending on how many people answer after 3-4 rings before I go to the next.

As for leads, I made over 600 dials yesterday off of an approx. 3 year old list I bought from Josh/list shack that I just recently started dialing on again after sitting on it. I submitted one application for a little over $3k AV as well. I also have a few follow ups this coming week that has the potential for another $18kAV off of that list.

Like my management tells me....if u put in the dials, the sales will come. Hope this helps.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-09-2017, 11:36 PM   #7
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts:87
State: regularAgent is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer regularAgent is the thread starter for: Cold Calling with a Dialer

of course it help timamr, because this is what I was looking for.
I had readed my post again and what I wanted to said was, life insurance for everybody and retirement plan for business.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-10-2017, 12:14 AM   #8
Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts:308
State: timamr is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer
Originally Posted by regularAgent View Post
of course it help timamr, because this is what I was looking for.
I had readed my post again and what I wanted to said was, life insurance for everybody and retirement plan for business.
If u know the product u like and believe in AND your general target market, all u need is a dialer and a list. As long as u know ur target market ANY list vendor will do. I chose Josh because he is an active forum member. I wish u nothing but success!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #9
Guru
mickeyma on Cold Calling with a Dialer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts:368
State: mickeyma is an Insurance Agent from California
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer
I'll second Josh for his Listshack.com lists at $50 a month. Been using him for several years and am pleasantly surprised at the quality of his lists.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Old 06-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #10
Guru
Josh on Cold Calling with a Dialer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts:11,762
State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Cold Calling with a Dialer Re: Cold Calling with a Dialer
Originally Posted by mickeyma View Post
I'll second Josh for his Listshack.com lists at $50 a month. Been using him for several years and am pleasantly surprised at the quality of his lists.
Honestly, me too . When I built the product I was excited about the price point, but wasn't sure how I'd end up on the quality. More than three years and over 5,000 clients later, people keep renewing. Not to say it's always perfect, but we don't get any more complaints about our listshack data than we do with other stuff I've been reselling.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling with a Dialer
Reply to Cold Calling with a Dialer 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum




Similar Threads with Cold Calling with a Dialer
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cold Calling is So Controversial! leeleerambles Insurance Cold Calling Forum 19 06-14-2017 05:34 PM
Medsupp Cold Calling Questions Augustus Insurance Cold Calling Forum 27 01-08-2016 09:57 PM
Skype for Cold Calling? Josh Insurance Cold Calling Forum 35 02-12-2015 10:03 PM
Eliminate The Fear, Failure and Rejection from Cold Calling Tampa Bay Rep Insurance Cold Calling Forum 14 12-22-2014 09:57 AM
Cold Calling for Life Insurance scottfanli Insurance Cold Calling Forum 9 12-01-2010 09:41 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
Nothing - No ACA fixes - status quo
29.82 %
HHS Rulings and band aid bills
17.54 %
Hail Mary repeal and/or replace bill
17.54 %
A bipartisan bill to fix ACA
35.09 %

Voters: 57. This poll is closed