Cold Calls Made Per Week?

wow....!!! :nah:
That's great of number man.... ;)
I never do this before...
still need a lot to learn... :yes:

Just show me how to do it.. :yes:

But unfortunately 3-4 appointments doesn't mean sales. Typically its 1 or 2 sales, health or life from those. Term doesn't pay a whole lot on a 37 year old male non smoker super preferred.

But unfortunately 3-4 appointments doesn't mean sales. Typically its 1 or 2 sales, health or life from those. Term doesn't pay a whole lot on a 37 year old male non smoker super preferred.

Yeah.. It is good enough when you can make 3-4 appointment.. :)
See.. Because like here.. I have no contact to call.. So where I can find it out? :) how to make my cold call effectively? :)

Excellent advice in this thread. I started out at Aflac. Good company but the program was not a good fit for me. To much turn over, politics and commissions very small. Thinking about selling annuities and life now. I made at least 200 cold calls a day, 3 days a week. My average closing was about 5 contacts in 200 calls here in Orange County California. Just selling supplemental. I'm still active with Aflac but looking to expand and sell more then just supp. Newly minted I started out with about 25 agent hires and only 2 of us left now. I think the cold calling and cold drops really scared everyone right out of here at Aflac Orange County. LOL. But I think it's just the rejection that plays with peoples minds. I know it did with me in the beginning. In time if you hang in there the cold call really is fruitful and gives you a cheap way to build a book of business and build business relationships. If your new book of business clients are happy then referrals
come easy. :)

Just wondering how many cold calls people make in an average week and how many appointments you get off them.

I've been doing about 400 a week with 3-4 appointments 5-10 call backs or email quotes.

Used an auto dialer in the past but wasn't impressed with the importing of the lists feature on Mojo Engine, so these are made single one at a time.

That is very impressive.

Excellent advice in this thread. I started out at Aflac. Good company but the program was not a good fit for me. To much turn over, politics and commissions very small. Thinking about selling annuities and life now. I made at least 200 cold calls a day, 3 days a week. My average closing was about 5 contacts in 200 calls here in Orange County California. Just selling supplemental. I'm still active with Aflac but looking to expand and sell more then just supp. Newly minted I started out with about 25 agent hires and only 2 of us left now. I think the cold calling and cold drops really scared everyone right out of here at Aflac Orange County. LOL. But I think it's just the rejection that plays with peoples minds. I know it did with me in the beginning. In time if you hang in there the cold call really is fruitful and gives you a cheap way to build a book of business and build business relationships. If your new book of business clients are happy then referrals
come easy. :)

Good post. I started in a office with veteran producers operating at a a high level, none of them made any cold calls. I remember thinking, even the people I'm getting as clients still seem somewhat untrusting and cold toward me, I wonder if cold calling really works to build a clientele rather than making a few quick sales. To my suprise, those relationships came over time as I stayed in touch. A referral cuts down on the trust time, but cold calling is absolutely effective if you stick with it long enough to make it work AND develop relationships with those you get as clients over time (ie proactively stay in touch). If the second part is missing, you will always be chasing your tale. JMO.

Wow.. You guys is excellent marketers :) man.. Wish I can learn more from you guys ;) it is great to listen the great experiences from you guys.. :) wish that spirit of cold call imparted to me guys :)

I would say that cold calling is about both quantity and quality.

The quality of your call can and will be dependent upon two things:
  1. The consumer, which varies with each call, as in if they pick up the phone (our of your control) if they call you back, if they stay on for longer than 30 seconds (all regarding quantity)
  2. Your set of skills/personality/confidence/attitude. The intro, gaining interest, qualifying consumer etc
How quickly you qualify them to then move forward or hang up and move on to another potential client is an important factor. So . . .
  • the more you call, the more you talk to
  • the more you talk to, the more you qualify
  • the more you qualify, the more you have the possibility of placing business with.
The word "more" seems to be the obvious factor here so the simple formula is that you'll need enough quantity to get to the qualified buyers to have a quality (valuable) call.

If every client were open to what we have to offer, that wouldn't be cold calling would it? I'm sure you're not implying that you make 3 cold calls and get 3 sales, right?

As a side note, I have seen agents who just start out, lack a bit of experience and due to sheer volume of calls (again, quantity) end up writing business, this also gives them more practice so in turn they get better as they go on.

Lastly, you will find the more that you write business, the less calls you'll make, because you'll be writing sales and sales take up your time. But you'll still have to call enough to discover (or uncover) those sales. The stats don't lie, look at the difference between an agent making 5 calls a day to an agent making 50 calls a day, who do you think will have more quality calls?

Concentrate on making quality calls not quantity of calls. Cold calling is a learned, well practiced art. Not something that just comes naturally for everyone.

Latest posts

Back