Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker     
Old 07-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #91
Super Genius

State: Whirleybird is an Insurance Agent from
D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker Re: D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker Whirleybird is the thread starter for: D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Just finished up on the vacation heading back out onto doors tomorrow. Instead of a new area I'm reknocking where I was 12 weeks ago because this a relationship business. Going to start calling my follow up list from the area for appointment setting. Also, for Bobby and some of the messages I've gotten; do yourself and clients a favor and stay away from all of the MLM companies. You get paid more working as an agent than a recruiter. Those companies don't offer anywhere near the training you should receive to agree to a 30% contract starting out which is why they recruit from outside our industry. Happy hunting guys.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker
Old 07-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #92
Guru
Justin Bilyj on D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker Re: D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker
Let us know how the follow up goes, you might be better off straight door knocking lol!
Old 07-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #93

State: bkatka is an Insurance Agent from
This thread was an awesome read! Definitely going to be following from now on. Keep up the great work.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #94
Super Genius

D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker Re: D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker Whirleybird is the thread starter for: D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Dials sucked, like 97 for 22 contacts and 4 appointments ( 18 callbacks so that's not bad) but it felt great to get back on the doors. I went to a completely new area though. Drove 260 miles north to get out of the heat, going to rent a house here until September probably. Knocked 117 doors in 12 hours, 55 contacts, 39 leads and 7 appointments set. None seen, because vacations. Also spent 2 hours calling clients to get referrals in this town, got an extra 19 leads on top of it. Good first day back on doors.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:47 PM   #95
Super Genius

State: AOKING is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker
Whirley bird......you still doing this full time? How are things going?

AO
Old 08-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #96
Super Genius
entrep1776 on D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

State: entrep1776 is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by Whirleybird View Post
Forget all this summer BS
Thanks for tip on scheduling 2 hour window & having them get meds on table.

How is having an appointment setter? How did you find them? Details appreciated.

If you wouldn't say it to someone in real life, why would you type it to someone on the Internet?
Old 08-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #97
Super Genius

Yes I'm still doing this full time, appointment setter was a tremendous investment. Doing great on that end, I'd post results but they're crazy. I'll hit COT for sure. Seeing 40 appointments per week and still closing about 1/3 of them (post UW) so it's going well. I just reached out to another NYL agent who sucked in person and told her I'd give her a 25% split on any business generated from appointments she set so long as she followed the rules. She also sends the emails and does underwriting follow up too, so all I do now is run appointments and get referrals. I don't think I've knocked more than 500 doors since hiring her now that I've always got 40 on the books. And since she is calling 6 days a week I am always on appointments.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #98

State: jrayservices is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by Whirleybird View Post
Yes I'm still doing this full time, appointment setter was a tremendous investment. Doing great on that end, I'd post results but they're crazy. I'll hit COT for sure. Seeing 40 appointments per week and still closing about 1/3 of them (post UW) so it's going well. I just reached out to another NYL agent who sucked in person and told her I'd give her a 25% split on any business generated from appointments she set so long as she followed the rules. She also sends the emails and does underwriting follow up too, so all I do now is run appointments and get referrals. I don't think I've knocked more than 500 doors since hiring her now that I've always got 40 on the books. And since she is calling 6 days a week I am always on appointments.
Hey Whirleybird! I sent you a PM if you get a chance to check it and get back to me. Thank you DHK for bringing me here to this thread. WB is definitely an awesome example that I wish to follow in his footsteps. If he can do it I should be able to as well. Thanks guys!
Old 08-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #99

State: Griz90 is an Insurance Agent from
I hope this thread is still alive with interest because what WB has done is nothing short of extraordinary! I am a new agent, been selling for 3 weeks and knocking doors is my main prospecting tactic as an independent agent with no leads budget yet. I don't want to hijack WB's thread (and if you feel like I am please let me know WB) but I am gonna start sharing my weekly stats here as well.

I'll let everyone know I am know where close to having the experience that WB has with knocking doors. But I believe anything is possible if you have the drive and dedication!

I prospect in rural CO mountain towns (maybe not the right areas?) and began knocking from 8:30 am to 11 and then 2 to 4:30. I can get in around 100 plus doors during this time but am having extremely lower interactions then what WB reports. So next week the first thing I am changing is my times to 12-8pm.

My main question though, is it ok to introduce yourself as a Financial Advisor instead of an Insurance Agent if you are planning on selling the prospect insurance?

I feel like as soon as I mention life insurance or that I'm an agent almost everyone immediately discredits that I am there to actually provide a service and help for their family.

Sorry for the rambling post by I have put all my eggs into this life insurance basket and am excited to get things rolling so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Happy selling everyone!
Old 08-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #100
DHK
Guru
DHK on D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Yes, you can call yourself a financial advisor... IF you are doing more than a features/benefits/price presentation. If you're looking at someone's retirement, college, taxes (now and in retirement), debt load, etc., then you're a financial advisor.

Note that "financial advisor" is NOT a regulated term (in most states). Investment advisor, insurance agent, registered representative are all regulated terms. There are a couple of states where they have ruled that to call yourself a financial advisor/consultant/planner requires a Series 65 - so make sure you check on that.

You Tube

Reply to D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum