I Got My First Cold Call to Agree to an Appointment!!

Mburns

Expert
Two days in to the dreaded cold calling (not my main source of leads but I like a full calendar). It took me almost a week and a half to finally get the courage to pick up the phone but I had an experienced agent told me if I really care about these people, I need to be able to get in front of them and I can't get in front of them if I don't talk to them. I've started with business cards I see sitting in restaurants and ReferenceUSA but I really want to work my way up to business owners like Ben Feldman did.

I got two yesterday and one today, not too bad for 30 minutes a day! If I can get a good process going I'm hoping to generate at least 1 extra appointment a day from it. Only problem is out of calling 100 people, 78 of them were on DNC. Should I invest in a scrubbed list? I'm a pretty green agent and my first business expense is a car that actually works, so money will be tight for a little while.

I wanted to thank everyone in this forum though, for being so awesome and supportive. I've not been much more than a lurker but I always find a gem of a thread every time I'm on here that motivates me to pound the pavement, pick up the phone, and meet prospects so I can solve their problems. You guys rock!

Two days in to the dreaded cold calling (not my main source of leads but I like a full calendar). It took me almost a week and a half to finally get the courage to pick up the phone but I had an experienced agent told me if I really care about these people, I need to be able to get in front of them and I can't get in front of them if I don't talk to them. I've started with business cards I see sitting in restaurants and ReferenceUSA but I really want to work my way up to business owners like Ben Feldman did.

I got two yesterday and one today, not too bad for 30 minutes a day! If I can get a good process going I'm hoping to generate at least 1 extra appointment a day from it. Only problem is out of calling 100 people, 78 of them were on DNC. Should I invest in a scrubbed list? I'm a pretty green agent and my first business expense is a car that actually works, so money will be tight for a little while.

I wanted to thank everyone in this forum though, for being so awesome and supportive. I've not been much more than a lurker but I always find a gem of a thread every time I'm on here that motivates me to pound the pavement, pick up the phone, and meet prospects so I can solve their problems. You guys rock!

Yes, you need a scrubbed list. Don't make another call without one. ListExpress . I will private message you with more info that will be helpful.

It is an $11,000 fine for calling people on the DNC.

By the way, congratulations on you appointments.

Who are you calling and what type of insurance? It sounds like you're calling businesses when you say you are calling off of business cards and Reference USA. Businesses are exempt from the DNC list.
People at their homes are, though, and as VaDwayne stated, you don't want to mess with a list that hasn't been scrubbed.

I'm calling for Life Insurance and have not yet started calling business owners. That is my goal but I'm still working on my phone skills. Every day gets better, but I need to find a good scrubbed list. I'll be looking in to List Express and thank you VaDwayne!

Have you used List Express before and how did it work out for you?

I'm calling for Life Insurance and have not yet started calling business owners. That is my goal but I'm still working on my phone skills. Every day gets better, but I need to find a good scrubbed list. I'll be looking in to List Express and thank you VaDwayne!

Have you used List Express before and how did it work out for you?

It as ALL I use.. I have purchased from them probably 10 times. I highly recommend...

Yes, you need a scrubbed list. Don't make another call without one. ListExpress. I will private message you with more info that will be helpful.

It is an $11,000 fine for calling people on the DNC.

By the way, congratulations on you appointments.

I've heard that too, however, I always hear speakers say that "no one's ever been fined"... is that true?

Prospect: I'm on the DO NOT CALL list!

BNTRS: Really? ...umm, you might want to reapply or something, because I scrubbed your number against it and it came back not on the list, very sorry for the trouble though.

Takes care of that problem...

Back