Need a List for Businesses on Same Street

daisyq

Help!

I want to prospect businesses door to door and can't find a database that will list them in route order. I'm using Reference USA and I don't think their mapping will do this. My list keeps coming up in alphabetical order within the zipcode.

Does anyone know of a database that will list all the businesses on a street in route order?

Thanks for your help!

Help!

I want to prospect businesses door to door and can't find a database that will list them in route order. I'm using Reference USA and I don't think their mapping will do this. My list keeps coming up in alphabetical order within the zipcode.

Does anyone know of a database that will list all the businesses on a street in route order?

Thanks for your help!

You'll need to export the addresses and find an application that will route it for you. I think Mapquest has one.

I use an app on my phone called Road Warrior and love it. It's 5 bucks a month if you want the csv import export features. If you're looking for a free solution try My Maps from Google. You can import your stops on your computer and build the route yourself then access it from the mobile app by the same name.

I'm actually working on a prototype mobile app geared towards people that do door to door b2b stuff like AFLAC agents. Will have a street view user interface using the Google Maps API and let people store notes, contact info, call status etc as well as have multi-rep capability so if you have other agents they'll be able to see the call notes from when that business was seen before.

The idea is to integrate with our main platform so the reps can still do in-house calling and customer management if they want from a pc but focused on the door to door stuff more.

I owned an independent agency for about 10 years and wrote a little bit of AFLAC and saw how rough those guys have it. They don't really get much support, they just get them licensed and pretty much throw them to the wolves and say go sel lol. The problem is when they walk into a business they've probably been seen by 10 different agents in the last 2 years but they have such a high turn over nobody knows what the agents before them ran into there.

It seems to me that if they just had a way to note their sales calls that all of the agents in a district/region/state or whatever could access as a team then they'd have a heck of a lot more success.

An example would be agent A stopped into a business last year but they didn't do anything because they couldn't meet participation. Now this year agent B is about to walk in the door. Currently agent b has no idea agent A stopped in last year or why they didn't do anything or who to even talk to. Now if agent B could pull up the business on his mobile app and see notes on it showing that agent A saw the business last year and talked to the owner of the company which was Joe Blow and that they didn't do anything because they couldn't meet participation, now agent B can go in and directly ask for Joe Blow, say he saw that agent A met with him last year and they couldn't meet participation and cut right to the heart of it and ask if anything has changed.

Now agent B looks like he has his stuff together, didn't waste time trying to get past the gate keeper and knew exactly what the last objection was. Maybe this year Joe Blow hired a couple more guys and they can meet participation and he's ready to do something. Maybe it's the same and agent B can note the call and move on to the next one. Either way the call was a lot more professional and saved a lot of time.

I have no idea when I'll actually get the prototype for this thing done, but if anyone is interested in being a crash test dummy for it when it is shoot me a pm and I'll let you know when it's ready. Free obviously.

You need the Haines Cross Reference or criss + cross directory. I have never used the digital stuff but back in the old days of sales before everything went to computer Haines printed these big 20 pound books, business and home street by street by town and county. You'd have to copy the pages and use them for your telemarketing lists, the big book was your lively hood back then.

Back