Religion and Cold Calling - Thoughts???

charlesj

Expert
One recent thread gave me this idea and I wanted to get everyone's opinions...

Suppose I were to identify myself as not only a Retirement Consultant but more accurately, add my religious beliefs in and say "Christian Retirement Consultant".

CONS:
- Obviously this would not appeal to non-Christians or non-religious people so I would be limiting my market appeal.
- This may also throw up some red flags with people.

PROS:
- It may appeal to Christians and just be enough for them to stay on the phone and entertain my offer, especially since I will be cold calling for annuities.
- If I had to describe my ideal client, it would be someone with strong Christian beliefs and values.

What are your thoughts?

It is sad but in today's world of political correctness and all these regulations, I may not even be allowed to identify myself in this way. Now I certainly don't want to start a long opinionated thread and it is not my intention to offend anyone or their opinions or beliefs, sexual orientation, race, what-you-like-in-your-coffee, etc., I am just asking for your thoughts on the above approach and if you think it would be an effective technique or not. Thanks.

I guarantee you 100% that you will make money doing this, and here's how: Call for one hour letting people that you are a Christian Retirement Consultant. Record your calls, post them on the forum, and I will send you $25 via pay pal for the entertainment value alone. Anything that you sell is just a cherry on top.

I am glad I provide all of you with such entertainment. By the way, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

:twitchy:

For some reason the impression is that if folks claim they're Christian, they're usually not overly trustworthy. That's not to say that people don't believe Christians are honest, it's just the folks wearing that on their sleeve. Seniors have had their entire lives to figure that out.

I think you would find many will put up a wall. We tend to associate someone advertising they are Christian with them trying to get into our pocket. Save the I am Christian part until you are sitting with them.

I am glad I provide all of you with such entertainment. By the way, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

:twitchy:

Weren't you supposed to be getting started today pastor charles? :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For some reason the impression is that if folks claim they're Christian, they're usually not overly trustworthy. That's not to say that people don't believe Christians are honest, it's just the folks wearing that on their sleeve. Seniors have had their entire lives to figure that out.

Then why are you always telling me to try out your Christian dialer?

Last edited:
Weren't you supposed to be getting started today pastor charles? :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then why are you always telling me to try out your Christian dialer?

Yes. I initially intended to get started today. The problem was I had someone that actually wanted to buy an annuity and that took most of my morning. Next time that happens I am just going to have to tell them that I am sorry but I don't have time to meet because I need to be cold calling for more appointments.

Favorite 3 stooges quote: Wake up and go to sleep! :1confused:

Back