Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.     
Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #1

State: uniglobalz is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Send a message via Skype™ to uniglobalz
What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.
Does cold calling works for anyone. People are so busy they just bang the phone. Please share your story
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Guru
Josh on What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. - Insurance Forum

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. Re: What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.
Cold calling has worked for me personally on Medicare supplements, final expense, and small business group health insurance. The key thing is to make a TON of calls (using a dialer helps) and to be consistent with your pitch. Odds are your first revision isn't going to be a masterpiece (check out Free Telemarketing Scripts For Everyone! if you want an idea of where I come from when I do things), so make sure you do the same thing consistently so you can make changes and adjustments without as much guess work.

Are you looking to market any products in particular?

UNLIMITED telemarketing lists for $50/month
Great for generating HOT leads for Medicare, Auto, Health, Life, and more!
www.ListShack.com
888-905-3282
Get a free cold calling eBook here!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #3

What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. Re: What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. uniglobalz is the thread starter for: What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I wish you good luck.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #4
Guru

State: NCAgent is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
NCAgent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. Re: What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.
Cold calling is definitely one of the best ways to market because it is able to supplement pretty much everything you are doing for almost no price each month. You also get better at overcoming objections so when you have true people willing to buy, you are prepared from hearing it a lot on the phone.

Josh is also the guy to go to for some scripts (check the website he linked) and he also is the go-to for a list of people to call and autodialer software as well. He's your one-stop-shop and was an agent so he has actual advice, too.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Which holiday is on Dec.25-th ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 11-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
Guru

State: Cory is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Uniglobalz...one of the least expensive, most flexible and most responsive methods to generate new business quickly. However, I see agents all the time skip the basics i.e. call during peak hours (don't waste your time with others), use an inexpensive dialer for efficiency, start with a good script and hone it and make it your own, if you're using multiple scripts track results and call regularly. Too many agents talk themselves out of calling... it's like working out at the gym as you don't like doing it while you're doing it, but feel better when it's done. The biggest thing is talk to as many people... get in front of as many people... work as many applications as you can so you can expedite you're learning curve, hone your skills and create a repeatable formula for success. If you'd like more help, pm me when you get enough posts. You can do it!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #6

What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. Re: What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. uniglobalz is the thread starter for: What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People.

Cory... Thanks for your post, can you tell me which is the best time to talk and how to talk coz moment one says I am calling from xyz insurance company, they just bang the phone.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
Guru
dubya4472 on What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. - Insurance Forum

State: dubya4472 is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma
Originally Posted by uniglobalz View Post
Does cold calling works for anyone. People are so busy they just bang the phone. Please share your story
What products are you selling? It really varies based on product. Plus approach is 100% dependent on the product you're selling.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
Guru

@uniglobalz...please do advise on the products you're selling. Some businesses you can call all day, but typically I find it best to call the first and last 1-2 hours of the day before they get into meetings, take early or late lunch, etc. Where you talking about businesses? If consumers, let me know but please do advise on products you're selling.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Guru
Mark on What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. - Insurance Forum

State: Mark is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Mark
Mark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I believe in cold calling. Most of us dont like to do it. It does take a certain type of talent or skill. The most important thing is that you dont give up. If you call enough people, you will end up getting some kind of prospect or lead from it.

Doing something beats doing nothing. So if you are just sitting there and have nothing else to try or do, cold calling would not be a bad idea.

Mark Rosenthal aka markingriffin
IMO/Ins Agent/Agent Trainer/Free Advice
rosenthalfiles@aol.com www.rosenthalfiles.com
Click Here to Join my Free Email Newsletter
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Guru

Marks right...the more people you call, the more leads you buy, the more appts you work...the quicker you will learn and the more you will learn. Most things are a numbers game...except my golf game...the more I play... not getting any better. haha.
Reply to What is the Success Rate in Cold Calling People. 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum