Hometown Quotes

dgoldenz

Virginia
Had a good experience with the first few leads I got from them last week. Will probably end up with 1-3 sales out of the first 12 or so I bought. I've gotten 2 leads for diabetics and 2 leads for people that were pregnant. All of the lead credit requests were declined because they "met my filter selection" even though I am paying for uninsurable lead filters at $2.50 per lead. I think Somarco mentioned something similar before. Anyone else had this problem with Hometown Quotes? Other than that, the leads have not been too bad. Just kind of disappointing if this is what I have to look forward to, gambling at $10-12 per lead that they may or may not be uninsurable.

HTQ's definition of uninsurable didn't sync with the real world, which is one of the reasons why we got a divorce. We got along real well for a couple of years then they started to squeeze the leads and were denying most of my requests that used to be credited.

Are you saying you are paying $2.50 for their uninsurable leads or you are paying an extra $2.50 to filter uninsurables?

I used them for a little while, it looked promising in the beginning, but then they went silent for months, didn't think I was being that picky, and had several counties listed on Central New York for leads. After a while I forgot my log in information and could never get them to give me the info to get back in, I cancelled the account, but now that I think of it, never actually checked to see if they credited me or not. :skeptical:

I've gotten 2 leads for diabetics and 2 leads for people that were pregnant. All of the lead credit requests were declined because they "met my filter selection" even though I am paying for uninsurable lead filters at $2.50 per lead.

Yup, same thing happened to me. Protests fell upon deaf ears. I had to bow out.

HTQ's definition of uninsurable didn't sync with the real world, which is one of the reasons why we got a divorce. We got along real well for a couple of years then they started to squeeze the leads and were denying most of my requests that used to be credited.

Are you saying you are paying $2.50 for their uninsurable leads or you are paying an extra $2.50 to filter uninsurables?

The filter is $2.50, not the leads. Base price is $7.50, total per lead is $12.50 with that filter and one for 2 or more people on the request. Kind of steep when Benepath has exclusives available for $15 each tied into my Norvax.

I dropped HtQ last year, leads just dried up from them had a couple over 6 months. The credit policy overall wasn't too bad. Can't remember having the arguments with them as I did with other lead vendors I had experienced. They just stopped producing leads good or bad.

I had to really badger them to get my $100 refunded. Took several calls and emails. Then after they "sent" it once and they never showed up, they sent half and then had to send the other half. While I had hoped to return to try them again. The reluctance to return my money may have hampered that future.

One of the owners called me a few weeks ago. Seems they are looking at ways to revamp their operation to make it more consumer and agent friendly. He admitted they had made some hiring mistakes in the past that resulted in losing some agents.

Might be interesting to see what changes, if any, they make.

If I were buying leads I would be willing to give them a shot. I made good money from their leads and many of those folks are still clients.

Back