If you had to buy internet leads...

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I, along with some other agents, are looking to supplement current leads with internet leads.

If you had to buy internet leads, then who would you use?

I did a search and, as expected, they all sounded the same. Blah blah blah...we are the best...blah blah blah

I am not looking for this to be my main source of leads as I have other outlets, but I figure if my return is greater then my investment, they why not (which I am going to track).

Thanks!

Thanks Chumps.

I knew that there was a list somewhere but I did not want to sift through 1000 posts to get there.

I think blow chow has evolved to blowing chunks.

I've used a few... VIMO seems to be pretty worthwhile. They're cheap which I really like since my ratio of quality leads leading to closed sales versus bunk leads is still weak regardless of whom I've tried.

On a side note... I've always been partial to blowing chunks, over chow. However, my other favorites are talking to Ralph on the big white phone and doing the technicolor yawn. Finally, any person or item that does blow chunks is further dubbed... The Vomitron.

My daughter, Danica, according to my wife is not named after the race car driver, although that is what sold it for me. She is quick to mention that the girl from Wonder Years television show is also named Danica in real life.

I am going to check out VIMO. I am looking for Medicare only leads as that is the only market I am working with.

I have no desire to be vomitron.

Well, I bit the bullet and did netquote. I figure I will give them 90 days to see what comes of it.

According to their numbers, the 2 counties that I am trying have about 23 leads per month. That is $138 at $6 per lead. One sale should offset that, plus the first 15 leads are no cost.

I will keep people posted on my progress and costs.

Looked at VIMO but they do not do Medicare supplement leads.

Good luck with NQ. I have been with them for a long time.

As I have said...some of the worst leads I have ever received...are from NQ. Yet...some of the best (local and healthy) were also from NQ.

They have a tendency to use goofy key search words such as "dental insurance" or "diabetic health insurance." You have to keep an eye on them for that stuff.

I didn't do well with NetQuotes. Mostly bunk leads is what I got. I also focus on Med Supp, but also Final Expense. The VIMO leads I've gotten aren't specifically Med Supp leads, but I have them filtered as such. I still get the occassional 60-63 year olds that I can't help, but I've only not closed 2 of the 8 leads I've gotten from them for Med Supp. 1 didn't qualify, and someone beat me to the other one. They don't generate a ton of leads (been using them for about 9 months and got 8 qualified leads), but they work out for me. The unqualified ones were under 65 but I've only gotten about 5 of those. Of those 5, I have built some good rapport with most of them, referred them to someone and got permission to contact them for Med Supp when ready.

UPDATE...

As mentioned, I am with netquote...but I have yet to get any leads. I am not worried as I have been doing some of my own calling with success.

I also hired a telemarketer. I am using her for some lists that I have lying around. So, we will see if that works.

Back