Are Shared Leads Sold Later As Aged Leads?

Tampa Bay Rep seems to have a solid handle on the topic of aged leads from his answer. If any of you agents are dealing with fresh non exclusive internet leads please reach out to me. I'm not a lead vendor (I don't sell leads) but I do work with a lead management web based program that implements Speed To Contact Protocols with any lead vendor you are working with... Netquote, All Web Leads, InsureMe etc... all of them.

Tampa Bay Rep seems to have a solid handle on the topic of aged leads from his answer. If any of you agents are dealing with fresh non exclusive internet leads please reach out to me. I'm not a lead vendor (I don't sell leads) but I do work with a lead management web based program that implements Speed To Contact Protocols with any lead vendor you are working with... Netquote, All Web Leads, InsureMe etc... all of them.
Cake Marketing or Lead Mesh?

I'd say more like Leads360, EZLynx, FSC rater, etc.

Cake & LeadsMesh are mgmt tools for lead aggregators, not agents.

But hey, what do I know:)

FYI: Regardless of how leads get sold as aged, HTQ is doing things in the next few months that will assure at least most of our leads do not end up in the cesspool of abused leads: that ultimately ends up hurting consumers & agents IMHO. We are putting the final touches on some new enhancements that will bring Trust back to the lead business. It might be "Tilting at Windmills" to some since we are not the Big Dogs in this space, but I will be able to say with certainty where our leads come from & who they go to. More on this in the future.

There are IMO, legitimate aged lead vendors. I have no knowledge of Tampa Bay Rep's company but in general, I like what he posts & the tools his company offers so he appears to me to be an honest broker.... I'm even thinking that HTQ "might" do this in the future with our leads. [Might does not mean Shall! Just working on the idea in my head now & then] Why you might ask? Because I will know exactly how the data is used. If I only sell a lead 2 times as new, then perhaps I could offer aged leads in 30 days for less, up to 2-3 times more? [max of 5 times to sell a lead] I say "perhaps" because I'm still not sure this is the right thing to do for the consumer or agent. There used to be a site called: QuotesAuction but they went away. Seems like it wasn't a bad idea if one could automate it. Biggest deal to me is to not lose control of the data by selling it in bulk to someone else. So we shall see....I reserve the right to get smarter:yes:

I don't see the benefit to the consumer who submits a request today, is contacted today and then again by a group of new agents in a few months.....are there a couple of sales in this resold lead, yes...but I think the majority are not happy about being contacted again months later.

When we sell a shared life lead, we sell it 3x, but only if there are 3 buyers at the time of sale....if there are only 2 buyers for that particular state, only 2 agents get it, and we don't sell it again at a later date....our loss if we are not getting enough buyers in a state.

Personally, I like selling leads exclusively......I sell it 1x, guarantee some minimums, etc.. and charge a premium for it.

Are you serious, of course they are...their "aged" or old right.

Do you think leads companies "create" leads just to "age" them like fine wine to be sold later?
Is this a trick question?

That's like asking a guy....
IF his ex-wife is a virgin.

Are you serious, of course they are...their "aged" or old right.

Do you think leads companies "create" leads just to "age" them like fine wine to be sold later?
Is this a trick question?

That's like asking a guy....
IF his ex-wife is a virgin.
Ahhh... a vintage 1994 auto lead.

The taste is a little airy, I notice a hint of nutmeg, a pinch of cedar, and a strong citric aftertaste that's very palatable.

Cake Marketing or Lead Mesh?

I'm unsure whether or not I can post the company name on the actual thread. Im still new to this forum so I dont want to step on any toes or violate any rules. I tried to private message you but apparently I need more posts before I can private message anyone.

The company is called DialYourLeads.

If anyone has any questions about it check our website and feel free to call and ask for me Matt F at ext 211.

I'm unsure whether or not I can post the company name on the actual thread. Im still new to this forum so I dont want to step on any toes or violate any rules. I tried to private message you but apparently I need more posts before I can private message anyone.

The company is called DialYourLeads.

If anyone has any questions about it check our website and feel free to call and ask for me Matt F at ext 211.
Interesting. If my cousin wasn't one of the founding developers of Asterisk I certainly would of checked you out. :biggrin:

Thanks for it posting though!

Are you a lead vendor? I would be interested in talking with you about some exclusive life leads....email or send me a PM here...I cannot PM yet as I do not have enough posts..

Thx

Eric

I don't see the benefit to the consumer who submits a request today, is contacted today and then again by a group of new agents in a few months.....are there a couple of sales in this resold lead, yes...but I think the majority are not happy about being contacted again months later.

When we sell a shared life lead, we sell it 3x, but only if there are 3 buyers at the time of sale....if there are only 2 buyers for that particular state, only 2 agents get it, and we don't sell it again at a later date....our loss if we are not getting enough buyers in a state.

Personally, I like selling leads exclusively......I sell it 1x, guarantee some minimums, etc.. and charge a premium for it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
would be interested in talking with you about some aged leads...PM or email me....I cannot PM yet on this sit..

thx

Eric

Yes, shared leads are sold later as aged leads. From what I have been told exclusive leads after X amount of days are sold as aged leads as well.

Even if a real time lead vendor does not directly resell the lead as an aged lead, it does not mean that the same lead someone bought from the real time lead vendor is not being sold as aged lead for the following reasons, which does goes on currently in the industry, such as a call center that buys a lot of leads then turns around and sells the leads when they are done with the leads to a re-seller.

Plus since real time lead vendors get many if not most of their leads from affiliates, even though affiliates are only suppossed to sell that lead to one real time lead vendor, as can be testified by the real time lead vendors not all of these affiliates play by the rules, so many of them if they can make an extra buck, they'll release those real time leads into the market later on as an aged lead. I don't buy directly from any affilitates myself but that does not mean others are not.

Plus one of the biggest real time lead vendors told me that they won't sell the lead more than X times as a real time lead, so if for example that number was 5 times and they have only sold it 4 times or less, they will put it out on the ping post system real time lead vendors use and sell it to another real time vendor, who will then also try to sell it their maximum amount of times. No wonder the agents hear many times that the prospect has been called by 10 or 15 agents the same day they inquired about a quote as a new lead.

This is why some agents prefer the low priced aged leads because they can call on the leads the following month when they are not being bombarded with the same intensity of calls the same day anymore like they were when it was a new lead that the agent had paid $8, $10, $12, $15, etc. as a real time lead.

I have a call center for example who does not buy leads anywhere else but us, that solely supports their call center on the aged leads they buy from us, so many sales can be made with aged leads, that were missed by the agents who had bought it as a real time lead. The return on investment from working aged leads has been very good for our repeat customers. They keep buying the leads because of how well the aged leads are working for them.

Last edited:
Back