Are Shared Leads Sold Later As Aged Leads?

I've heard great things about DYL

Thanks Patrick!! I like to think we do good things for insurance agents. I looked you up online and it appears you are located in the UK. Unfortunately we can only work with US phone numbers at present. I was looking forward to working with you.

I wonder by the time it is all said and done. After a person goes to a website asking for a quote and then is sold as a lead, how many agents will call them as a lead within a 1 year period?

Like 8 to start with as a Shared lead and than sold to how many people later as an aged lead? What is your guess?

I wonder by the time it is all said and done. After a person goes to a website asking for a quote and then is sold as a lead, how many agents will call them as a lead within a 1 year period?

Like 8 to start with as a Shared lead and than sold to how many people later as an aged lead? What is your guess?

It probably depends on the type of lead. I think health leads might be the worst. Those poor people often get hammered by 20+ agents in the initial wave.

Just interesting to know, what is better option.. to buy 1000 cold/shared/aged leads or sign an agreement and pay 10-20% to good supplier and get the same amount of primarily notshared leads? How much does the time cost that agents typically spend on empty leads?

Last edited:
Certainly they are sold as aged leads. So you can just imagine how many different agents are sharing those leads being offered to you. It will be easier to sell a policy to a prospect if the leads are shared to a fewer agents.

Yes, shared leads are sold later as aged leads. From what I have been told exclusive leads after X amount of days are sold as aged leads as well.

Even if a real time lead vendor does not directly resell the lead as an aged lead, it does not mean that the same lead someone bought from the real time lead vendor is not being sold as aged lead for the following reasons, which does goes on currently in the industry, such as a call center that buys a lot of leads then turns around and sells the leads when they are done with the leads to a re-seller.

Plus since real time lead vendors get many if not most of their leads from affiliates, even though affiliates are only suppossed to sell that lead to one real time lead vendor, as can be testified by the real time lead vendors not all of these affiliates play by the rules, so many of them if they can make an extra buck, they'll release those real time leads into the market later on as an aged lead. I don't buy directly from any affilitates myself but that does not mean others are not.

Plus one of the biggest real time lead vendors told me that they won't sell the lead more than X times as a real time lead, so if for example that number was 5 times and they have only sold it 4 times or less, they will put it out on the ping post system real time lead vendors use and sell it to another real time vendor, who will then also try to sell it their maximum amount of times. No wonder the agents hear many times that the prospect has been called by 10 or 15 agents the same day they inquired about a quote as a new lead.

This is why some agents prefer the low priced aged leads because they can call on the leads the following month when they are not being bombarded with the same intensity of calls the same day anymore like they were when it was a new lead that the agent had paid $8, $10, $12, $15, etc. as a real time lead.

I have a call center for example who does not buy leads anywhere else but us, that solely supports their call center on the aged leads they buy from us, so many sales can be made with aged leads, that were missed by the agents who had bought it as a real time lead. The return on investment from working aged leads has been very good for our repeat customers. They keep buying the leads because of how well the aged leads are working for them.

I tried to call your number. It says it is not working right now. I currently live in the Tampa area and am really interested in your dialer and using aged leads. Please give me a call. 813 789 0509 , Nick.

Back