Taking My P&C Exam This Friday!

I am taking my P&C insurance exam this Friday! I am crazy nervous! Everyone in my office did not pass it on the first round. I want to pass it the first time so bad! Maybe its the competetor in me and I want to feel good about being the first one to pass it on the first round!

I am so nervous though! The passing minimum is 70%. I can do way better than that. I just suck at taking tests. I know the information, but in a test format. AHHH!
I have taken my education classes. The longest three days ever!!

Any advice/suggestions? :idea:

Farmers agents........

haha How'd you guess? :1tongue:

I have been here since November. Didn't know anything about insurance. Now I feel like I run this office. People come to me for answers. It is crazy! I love it though! I am very OCD. The most organized and efficent person in the office. I think I will pass it first go round. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My best suggestion is to get at least 70% correct.

Rick

ahaha. I want 100%!!

Last edited:
And that will help you sell more insurance then if you get 70%? Did your manager tell you this?

After you pass the test, look around for an agency to work with. Farmers is not the answer.

Rick

Well we are an independent agency. This is where I first started out in November. Small office, three or four people. We have other companies besides Farmers. My boss' dad has an independent Allstate office about 20 mins away. My boss' wife has an independent Progressive office right next door. heehee

Well we are an independent agency. This is where I first started out in November. Small office, three or four people. We have other companies besides Farmers. My boss' dad has an independent Allstate office about 20 mins away. My boss' wife has an independent Progressive office right next door. heehee

If I could pass that test you can (assuming VA and GA tests are similar). I think I got a 70, because I thought I failed! It's hard, but I think the best thing is to remember all the forms and what they do. I am a health agent and thought that test was easier. Good luck!

My advice is to let common sense be your friend. Eliminate the answers you know are not correct immediately and narrow it down to the one or two answers it could be and use common sense to answer if you are unsure.

I did it this way and passed easily on my first try....I had absolutely no insurance backround to help me only the book I studied from before I went in.

Hey there, this is one my first posts here, so btw hello to everyone!

Besides that, I failed the P&C the first time and wanted to give you some pointers that you hopefully read before you take the test. I'm pretty sure that you are going to pass it by the sounds of it, but I'm so excited to share my experience with everyone here are some things I'd recommend.

(California Exam P&C) Passing Requirement is 60%, I know your in VA
150 Questions

26 in Property In Casualty
55 in Commercial Insurance
21 in General Insurance
48 in Personal Lines insurance.

I generally went section by section through Testteachers LLC which is 52hours.com and if you follow any curriculum it will allow you to understand why those answers are. A lot of my test was focused on the definitions and writing a lot of the practice exam questions in reverse form i.e.

"Which of the follow provide .... EXCEPT"

So knowing the definitions is a big plus, as well as understanding it. Like a lot of other members here they recommend to take the practice exam in whichever provider you have to score at least 70%. I score about 60-70% a couple of times, but the weird part is on the test, I would say about 20% is definitions which are easy, and the rest is studying even parts that are NOT highlighted in the material. I have had a lot of questions asking about non-key points, but are a general fundamental of a section. I would review the definitions for about 15 minutes, then go over the difference between polices such as Homeowners/Dwelling Business & CGL, but some of the questions focus on some of the smaller sections such as Business Owner Policy, and Other Policies such as Annual transit , trip transit, transporting etc.. I scored a measly 51.3% the first time, and by studying the whole curriculum in a whole night boosted me easily over 75% because of the definitions, and understanding of the whole concept. If you didn't study only for 12 hours like me, I'm pretty sure it will be cake for you.

Oh, PS. if any of you are taking this exam as well, please make sure to take different practice exams as everyone else said here the questions on the test are designed to "trick" you, so make sure you go over 2-3 different tests to make sure you can answer those questions accordingly. My 1st exam that I failed was about 40% different than the test I took today, so by me studying a couple of different exams helped me TREMENDOUSLY!

My 2 cents, :)

Back