Auto Insurance Quoting Engine

I manage a San Diego based I.T/web development team and I'm new to the forum (first post).

I just picked up an insurance agency client and have been researching quoting/rating engines for website integration. The agency (2 locations) currently uses a FSC rating system combined with Hawksoft crm, we are new to the insurance biz and the systems look pretty dated and depends on a local server (no centralized database...weak)- are there any norvax/qoutuit type solutions for auto insurance in California (I saw turborater)? As I understand those are for health insurance.

I want to be able to run everything via web server, and automate their whole process into a dashboard, website quoting engine, lead generation, in office quoting, sales crm, etc.

Anyone have something like that going? Or at least a web based auto quoting engine. Maybe another service?

I think I'm going to build my own site when im done with this company, I didin't realize how lucrative it was. :1cool:

No. Well at least not that I'm aware of. WebFSC is one of the few in existence.

Health insurance is much simpler to quote than P&C. To many variables in P&C. I guess if you assumed everyone was a perfect driver, everyone had the same discounts, drove the same amount, etc, you could come up with something that would provide very inaccurate quotes for P&C that would look a lot like Quotit!

Dan

It seems as if you could put in fields that ask about tickets, miles to work, 2WD or 4WD etc...

I know...a lot of fields, but I would think the rate would be fairly accurate, assuming the customer is honest about their driving record.

Of course...if credit is checked...that's another story.

But seriously...who is even reading this thread? P&C quote engines. C'mon. I can babble away here for a while and nobody would notice (like my other posts).

Hmmm...Seen any good movies lately? We saw one last night (wife got it from library). About a guy who ages in reverse. Strange movie. Now that the kids are out of school, it seems we all watch a DVD around 10:00 every night. I'm fine with that because I'm on the laptop doing website stuff while watching.

Of course, they get mad when I crunch on carrots during the movie. And do you notice how sometimes the sound of the music is loud, but the volume of the talking isn't. That drives me up a wall.

Ok. what else. Let's see. I guess not much. Well. talk to you later. Oh that's right. Nobody is reading this. I can say anything. ANYTHING!

iihf93hfodqwid What was that? I don't know and don't care. ppa[ak That's another. Maybe it does mean somehing. Hey...I just misspelled that word. I don't care. Really.

Now what? Why I am I asking? I'll leave when I want. In fact, I won't even wait to finish a senta

What? Sorry, I couldn't read this last post. Somebody was crunching carrots, totally distracting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The problem with P&C quotes though is the sum of small errors will be huge in the end. It's somewhat like a 300 lb 4'2" lady getting a preferred health quote on Norvax. Except add in a few more layers of this type of error.

Then they hold the quote in your face and say that it has to be honored. Ooops, read the fine print which states: If you lie to us, we will lie to you. Or more simply put: Stupid data in, stupid price out.

I get this all the time on the phone. They want a quote for their Honda Civic for their teenage driver. Okay, what's the vin. No idea, its a Civic. What year? 2001. Okay, they made six versions of civics that year, any idea which one they have? The LX, DX, VP, Coupe, 4 dr, whatever else they have? You know, they all rate different.... Oh, just give me an average price. On and on....

Hey... you in the back, I'm typing here. Quit with those carrots!

Dan

Last edited:
So there aren't really any ways of providing accurate quotes online? I'm assuming most agencies just have like contact forms that they call the customer back with.

I've also seen a few that do insurance affiliate marketing, taking advantage of the quoting engines of the big guys, I think this is done through surehits etc.

So its kind of impractical to do instant quotes for auto ins? Any other alternatives? I really want something slick to integrate into this clients site.

You can use WebFSC. It works as far as I know. I have never personally used it, but it exists. If you are looking for something else, that is when you run into problems.

If they are already using FSCRater, then webFSC is just an add on.

Doing single carrier quotes isn't as hard. You don't have to ask as many foolish questions, such as have they ever been to college as an engineer for one company or have you ever attended University of California for another.

Unfortunately, most people want to do comparitive quotes, which I don't see to many agent websites actually doing. The business you write doing this probably isn't the greatest, so it's hard to justify the expense, I guess.

Dan

So there aren't really any ways of providing accurate quotes online? I'm assuming most agencies just have like contact forms that they call the customer back with.

I've also seen a few that do insurance affiliate marketing, taking advantage of the quoting engines of the big guys, I think this is done through surehits etc.

So its kind of impractical to do instant quotes for auto ins? Any other alternatives? I really want something slick to integrate into this clients site.

Time to up-date the data entry skills, drowninthemusic as the direct writers are quoting in as little as 6 minutes and wrapping up the sale in around 20 minutes. That includes complete accident and motor vehicle report input and reconciliation.

I know , I was there and couldn't keep up, but what I want to know now since I am licenced in personal lines in about 10 states, can I get some kind of independent contract somewhere and sell auto from my computer at home?

I could even spring for a small office if that would be neccessary.

drowninthemusic - I will be able to help you out with your problem if you are still looking for a solution. Shoot me an email or give me a call to see if I can help.

Back