Changing to WordPress

rugerred

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been looking at dropping my ITC website and going with a WordPress site. Are there any reasons not to go that route? I have the gold package and my two major concerns are my email and ranking.

You'll be sort of starting from scratch again with ranking, but if you aren't getting traffic now then it probably won't make much of a difference.

If you get wordpress installed on a site host that works with cPanel setting up email accounts is very easy.

You'll be sort of starting from scratch again with ranking, but if you aren't getting traffic now then it probably won't make much of a difference.

If you get wordpress installed on a site host that works with cPanel setting up email accounts is very easy.

I pay $50 a month now and I get just enough leads to pay for itself, (maybe ) not making any?

If you're breaking even off the leads it's generating through organic traffic then I wouldn't change a thing, but that's just me. If the leads you're getting are mostly from you directing traffic to it then it wouldn't hurt you much.

Organic SEO works better over time, so if you change things it can set you back.

I have been looking at dropping my ITC website and going with a WordPress site. Are there any reasons not to go that route? I have the gold package and my two major concerns are my email and ranking.

Switching cms platforms will have no affect on rankings. If you didn't rank with itc, you won't rank any better with WordPress and vice versa. Also if you do rank well, switching platforms should not have any long term negative effects on your overall rankings if redirected properly.

I have my own reasons for switching from itc to a different platform but from the sound of your question I'm willing to bet you will be disappointed with any platform you go with. The content management system you use has very little to do with the way you market your website.

If you're breaking even off the leads it's generating through organic traffic then I wouldn't change a thing, but that's just me. If the leads you're getting are mostly from you directing traffic to it then it wouldn't hurt you much.

Organic SEO works better over time, so if you change things it can set you back.

I am on page 1 for my area, it has nothing to with ranking. I am looking at the change for ease of working with and updating.
The leads are organic, I am not smart enough to push traffic
http://www.ljminsuranceagency.com/

Switching cms platforms will have no affect on rankings.

For the moment let's assume you're 100% correct. Changing CMS platform means the content itself is likely to change and unless there is identical content, header tags, etc, that can impact rankings. It's extremely unlikely the transition from ITC to a WordPress site is going to result in identical content, tags, etc.

For the moment let's assume you're 100% correct. Changing CMS platform means the content itself is likely to change and unless there is identical content, header tags, etc, that can impact rankings. It's extremely unlikely the transition from ITC to a WordPress site is going to result in identical content, tags, etc.

If I am going to change the platform it would be new content, same basic ideas but different wording.

I am on page 1 for my area, it has nothing to with ranking. I am looking at the change for ease of working with and updating.
The leads are organic, I am not smart enough to push traffic
Health & Life Insurance - Madison, Milwaukee, Waukesha, WI - LJM Insurance

This is the same reason I am switching...

My mistake I guess I was not very clear. I meant that if he didn't currently rank well, switching from ITC to WP alone would not help him rank any higher since that and email where his initial concerns

I also go on to say

Also if you do rank well, switching platforms should not have any long term negative effects on your overall rankings if redirected properly.

In my opinion if you are migrating a site and already have content that is performing, you should keep all the tags, content, ect. the same and use a 301 redirect. Obviously with a new site comes a new vision so why not just build that on top of content that already performs well.

During the migration, he may decide to update his content or re-purpose it but even then I would still personally recommend that he just create a brand new piece and link his "old" 301ed content to the new piece. If he is planing to create new content anyway why would he risk changing what currently works when he can actually leverage it to his advantage?

I'm currently in the process of a migration now and found it to be the perfect time to do a content assessment and really see what is performing and what is not. I noticed that a lot of pieces I have actually perform very well and my personal strategy is to keep what works and build on top of it.

This is the same reason I am switching...

My mistake I guess I was not very clear. I meant that if he didn't currently rank well, switching from ITC to WP alone would not help him rank any higher since that and email where his initial concerns

I also go on to say

In my opinion if you are migrating a site and already have content that is performing, you should keep all the tags, content, ect. the same and use a 301 redirect. Obviously with a new site comes a new vision so why not just build that on top of content that already performs well.

During the migration, he may decide to update his content or re-purpose it but even then I would still personally recommend that he just create a brand new piece and link his "old" 301ed content to the new piece. If he is planing to create new content anyway why would he risk changing what currently works when he can actually leverage it to his advantage?

I'm currently in the process of a migration now and found it to be the perfect time to do a content assessment and really see what is performing and what is not. I noticed that a lot of pieces I have actually perform very well and my personal strategy is to keep what works and build on top of it.

Is there any information how to do a migration that you know of?

Latest posts

Back