Need Feedback and Opinions on Updated Site

Hi all. Hope you are enjoying your Saturday morning. Wanted to put this out before I hit the phones :biggrin:

Made so major changes to the site, to focus more on conversion than information about our company. That info is still available, I believe the previous format was more about us, than about what the client was searching for...a quote.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Billy

Oh by the way: mymichiganhealth.com

Technically I am a fan of minimalism and white space, but think you might have to much going on here. I think you might want to muck around with the bg color (very subtle and light), but maybe think about encompassing/wrapping it around the width of your template while keeping the white space on the outside.

Do like the slide show, but think the imagery could be more real (but probably over thinking that). Not saying a one to one with a doctor/provider, but something that seems more 'sense of safety and security' by working with the focus group versus random folks on the beach (plus does the beach image ring well for MI)?

Agree with Alphaone on the 'next', get all the info on one page for fewer click through from a user's perspective.

Do dig your logo as well. Don't think you need to increase the size, but somehow I think it is over powered by the 'Get a Quote' icon to the right of it. Like to see the brand of 'The Focus Group' be tied to the 'Safety, Security, Savings' kind of approach I think you are going for.

Small Business has a few <p> tags showing as well.

Great start...

I visited your site. Good site Billy. I would rework "about" page. Go for full page, instead of Next, Next, Next...
Please visit my site www.metropolinsurance.com

Thanks for the suggestion. I think what I'll do is follow your advice and put in all on one page, with target links at the top of the page. I originally had it all on one. It seemed like a really looong page.

Great looking site by the way.

Billy

Your actually putting the Cart before the Horse. The site is not even structured around the Major Keyword Phrases searched for Michigan? :no:

No content at all. Pages not structured around the relevant Phrases. If you dont have customers, then why worry about Conversion?

Mr. Miller, you are absolutely right, there isn't much content on the pages that focus on conversion. This is by design.

I do have customers, that was the reason for the redesign. When looking at how visitors navigated my site, they were too many clicks for them to get to specific areas for a quote.

All of the content has been moved to the services section. Do you have a suggestion of a relevant site I may want to visit?

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it.

Regards,

Billy

Hey Billy,

Just going to give constructive criticism per your request...when I first visited your site, I got the feel it was done right, however, I felt as if there was one thing you can do to improve the look and feel of your site. Your layout and design is great imo, however, I would try to maintain the use of 2 - 3 colors...check out my site for an example on color scheme...I noticed you use the following colors...

grey, white, red, brown, light blue, dark blue, red, purple,

For a more professional look, utilizing 2-3 colors, I think would improve the feel of your site and improve on its great design.

I just launched my site about 2 weeks ago, so still putting some final touches on it. (primarily the main banner on home page, going to create a landing page when people click free quote as well as fill in some of the white space)

Just my .02

Mr. Miller, you are absolutely right, there isn't much content on the pages that focus on conversion. This is by design.

I do have customers, that was the reason for the redesign. When looking at how visitors navigated my site, they were too many clicks for them to get to specific areas for a quote.

All of the content has been moved to the services section. Do you have a suggestion of a relevant site I may want to visit?

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it.

Regards,

Billy

Last edited:
Thanks for the feed back Mr. Koenig. I agree. I think the multiple colors are a distraction. The modification was done by me, I just didn't have the time to work on the other areas.

Your website is well done. I like the simplistic feel. I may borrow ;) a couple of ideas if you don't mind.

How are things in the Florida market these days?

HealthAgent, I agree, the about us page needs some work. Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Billy

Last edited:
Thanks for the feed back Mr. Koenig. I agree. I think the multiple colors are a distraction. The modification was done by me, I just didn't have the time to work on the other areas.

Your website is well done. I like the simplistic feel. I may borrow ;) a couple of ideas if you don't mind.

How are things in the Florida market these days?

HealthAgent, I agree, the about us page needs some work. Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Billy

Feel free, MI and FL are far away ;), FL market isn't too bad, I do alot of local marketing at college campus's. A few 'unorthodox' approaches I think is what sets me apart. Everyone needs health insurance, just need to find them!

I would think MI would be a pretty tough place for health, am I correct, just due to the overall economy of the state!

Back