Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites

Reply to New Domain Name - Medigap.us     
Old 05-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #11
Guru
salpro22 on New Domain Name - Medigap.us

State: salpro22 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
salpro22 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
New Domain Name - Medigap.us Re: New Domain Name - Medigap.us
Originally Posted by Justin Bilyj View Post
Yeah pbn networks wont work in competitive insurance niches, competitors will out you...
You're right to say that competitors can out "you," but that's isn't universal. It's simply a matter of risk vs reward and the strategies one chooses to when ranking. To use such a definitive term as "wont" is 100% FALSE. Networks have worked, do work, and will continue to work. The key is whether or not a competitor can reverse engineer your strategies and how frequently you keep up with the latest SERP changes. More importantly, nobody should be afraid of what a competitor "can" do. Just focus on winning and getting leads. Adapt, improvise and overcome.

On a side note, I really enjoyed your comments in Glen's book.

------------------------------------
"Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember. Involve me and I will understand." Confucius

Reply With Quote to New Domain Name - Medigap.us

Old 05-15-2017, 08:15 PM   #12
Guru
CALTCAgent on New Domain Name - Medigap.us

State: CALTCAgent is an Insurance Agent from California
CALTCAgent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Just helping out my "non techies" out there.

Google recently started to take action against private blog networks (PBNs). Basically, a private blog network is a gray hat/black hat tactic of using a set of sites under your control to implement links to other sites (your “money sites”).Oct 7, 2014
Old 05-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #13
Super Genius
keith48 on New Domain Name - Medigap.us

State: keith48 is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
New Domain Name - Medigap.us Re: New Domain Name - Medigap.us keith48 is the thread starter for: New Domain Name - Medigap.us

Originally Posted by STIBROKER View Post
Those "value" websites always make me chuckle. I've already gotten two offers for way above that amount. I'm still mulling it over.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #14

State: altonroot is an Insurance Agent from
301 redirection to new domain will pass the link value so there will be no ranking loss due to this transformation. I think you should not sell the old domain for few $$.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #15
Guru
Justin Bilyj on New Domain Name - Medigap.us

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by altonroot View Post
301 redirection to new domain will pass the link value so there will be no ranking loss due to this transformation. I think you should not sell the old domain for few $$.
You only get so many 301 redirects before it starts to look spammy, which makes it even more important to do your research, especially on the backlink profiles. Use the wayback machine to find out if there was spam on it before. I see threads on other forums where blackhatters will pump and dump domains in niches with shitty toxic links, with 2 and 3 tiers backed up by spam, just to off-load on someone who later gets penalized. Borders on criminality...
Old 05-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #16
Super Genius

State: autofanatic is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Originally Posted by keith48 View Post
I just picked up the medigap.us domain name about three weeks ago. I am trying to decide whether to build it since my primary site is still pretty new (10 months old with <20 backlinks) or to turn around and try to sell it. I've had a couple of people say not to use it or it may not be worth much because it is a .US extension. But I know that .us sites can rank well. Also, it is one of the top keywords in my niche. I'm just wondering what the SEO experts think of it. Keep it or sell it?
Anyone that tells you it's not worth much or not worth using is a freaking idiot. It's a single keyword domain name in a large market. It's also a U.S. specific market, making a .us TLD spot on. Is it as valuable as the .com? No, but so what. In a lot of ways, the .us domain name is far more attractive to the senior's eye than .com. IMHO, I'd play the whole thing up with a RED, WHITE and BLUE, All-American, star-spangled theme.
Reply to New Domain Name - Medigap.us 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites