Pay for Performance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Guys, I am wondering if anyone has ever done any Pay for Performance SEO deals before. I sell insurance and it has definitely been good to me lately. Recently have been working with a buddy of mine on his ranking for his construction company. My background is from the Internet Marketing world and even though the insurance is very lucrative I guess it isn't my true passion.

Just wondering if anyone has ever worked with a company on a pay for performance deal where you only have to pay for their SEO work if they get you on the first page. I mean there is no risk on the clients part since you don't have to pay anything if they don't deliver. Don't worry not trying to sell anything on the forum, but just wanted to get some feedback on this. Thanks Ryan

Getting on the first page may not be the best criteria, although the first page is better than the second page.

I might pay a premium for a company that offered to get paid based on how many additional unique conversions I received in a certain time period.

It would have to depend on the keywords, anyone can get page one for,

"i need health insurance so i'll buy it" search term...

I think many would go for it, if you had proof of sites on first pages of these sites, with decent competition.

Guys, I am wondering if anyone has ever done any Pay for Performance SEO deals before. I sell insurance and it has definitely been good to me lately. Recently have been working with a buddy of mine on his ranking for his construction company. My background is from the Internet Marketing world and even though the insurance is very lucrative I guess it isn't my true passion.

Just wondering if anyone has ever worked with a company on a pay for performance deal where you only have to pay for their SEO work if they get you on the first page. I mean there is no risk on the clients part since you don't have to pay anything if they don't deliver. Don't worry not trying to sell anything on the forum, but just wanted to get some feedback on this. Thanks Ryan

Being on the first page is critical along with a high-traffic keyword. (Naturally, the keyword must be relevant to your page.) I myself will not go to a second page in a search unless I dont find what I need on the first page. I go to submitexpess.com to find out what search terms are hot and to get a website checkup. Its free.

Keywords like "insurance quotes" would be very very competitive, so an SEO company would have a difficult time getting you page one for that. Keywords that hardly anyone is searching for would be easy enough for them to get you a page one listing for but for keywords like that, you could do it yourself easy enough by putting this rarely searched for keyword in your website title, in your website description and having a good keyword density of that phrase in your website.

Good luck with that. I've tried several times to structure a put your money where you mouth is on SEO joint venture and every time have got shot down with a myriad of excuses. I'd just love one time to see what a true SEO pro could do with some skin in the game.

Ya, I am actually doing this with a lot of clients now and it has actually been working out great. No insurance agents yet, but a lot of local businesses.

The think with getting on page one with highly searched key words is that it takes a lot of time. Most SEO firms have a huge team of experts that are building backlinks for their clients. But I would think the big firms are based more on a contract than a paid on performance basis. I think most insurance agents and businesses would be interested in something like that.

------------------------------------
Bella Vega, HSA

Last edited:
Back