SEO for Insurance Websites

Great information and advice. Sam you have definitely included all of the basic details involved in SEO. If anyone does what has been listed here, then your site will be indexed by the search engines and you'll probably start to see a lot of traffic--though it might take time.

I would caution anyone however that thinks it is easy to get to the top of google for keywords like "life insurance" or other high traffic keywords. While it is possible to do, it will take a lot of time, effort, money, and smarts.

I also had a comment on the quoted section of your post below:

Also, to correct something I have seen written here, your links on our site to your site do not help our rankings. Outbound links only help if they are to trusted and older sites, and even that is debatable.

This is only sorta true... While internal links do not have any affect on the pagerank of your site, they are nonetheless very important. It is very important to have links from pages in your site to other pages in your site. It will help the google bots find all of the pages and content in your site, as well as let google know which pages in your site are the most important (i.e. if every page links to the home page, that's obviously the most important page...).

There has been some great tips offered here! Here is my formula for SEO success that I've used for my clients:

1) Press releases submitted to PR sites that offer text links. This article lists press release sites that allow "do follow" links:
Press Release Marketing Domination

2) Article marketing - write informative articles and submit to do-follow article directories like EzineArticles and GoArticles (These are my favorite directories). Include keyword links.

3) Blog posts - Some of you have mentioned Wordpress blogs. This is also my favorite blogging platform as Google loves indexing Wordpress blogs. I also use Blogger as well.

4) Social Bookmarking - I submit sites and pages to Digg, Delicious, Stumbleupon, Reddit, Twine, etc.

Great link you provided for Press Release marketing. The article lists 23 DoFollow Press Release Sites That Allow Anchor Text and other good info on using press releases to drive traffic to your site.

All businesses are going to get in an online mode in the near future. That is where Search Engine Optimization is of utmost importance. You may have great deals or products but if your visibility is not there on the Internet, than you are ways behind. A lot can be learnt from this forum about Search Engine Optimization.

if using wordpress a good blog to use is blogger that way can integrate your blog post. i like to make my blogger and wordpress sites look the same and import the different post into my wordpress blog.

you are right sam. insurance really is a hard niche to dominate yet with hardwork and perseverance, you could achieve.

anyway, i would like to congratulate you for posting such very informative and inspirational motivation.

job well done and God bless!

Excellent contributions from a lot of pros that know about/use seo. I've learned much on the topic.

I am a new member and this is just one of the many great threads that this site has to offer new and not-so-new members!

Thanks

Fantastic advice. However, this is not just applying to insurance sites, but all sites for that matter. The problem with insurance sites is they are the most competitive, as this niche pays the best rates.

Back