SEO Services??

You're focusing on highly competitive niches. Most any SEO you hire will only be taking you for a complete ride, telling you "Sure we can rank you, it takes time..." then throw a ton of old school SEO terms at you to make it sound like they know what they're doing.

Then all SEO's have the ultimate "out" by saying you need to pamper Google, it takes time...etc. All the while collecting your monthly fee.

BTW I know this not just because I've spent 6 figures plus on SEO's, but I've now learned how to rank highly competitive sites (my own only) and believe me it's a bitch. Save your money.

Instead spend your money on FB ads if you can master that (don't outsource it, learn it!), but SEO in those niches is pouring money down the drain sorry to say.

Hello!

My suggestion would be to search on the 1 thing that your looking to rank on, Google! Do some homework on what SEO has to offer for your business. Research SEO companies, call and ask for their advice on how to rank organically on Google. There are many aspects to SEO work. Google Places, Google Adwords, Citations, NAP issues etc. Even if your not willing to purchase an SEO package from a company, you can still get them to go over what SEO has to offer u and what type of work goes into it.

I have seen PPC work. SEO is meh... at least not on a re occurring fee basis.

Are you in a metro area? or are is everything spread out were you live. How would you rate the competition in your area on a scale of 1-10?

They both work - Just seo is not concrete. PPC is guaranteed if the perimeters of your campaign are optimal. Seo can work and even be a lot more cost efficient but can be time consuming and potentially generate little to no return.

It gets even harder if you outsource the Seo service because you risk using a crappy vendor and most of us have had that experience.

Thats why I ask how heavy the competition is in your area. If you are in the middle of BFE creating a few simple profiles will make you easily found on search results. But if your in Houston or Los Angeles SEO obtaining rankings is much harder. In those heavily populated areas paying per click on less competitive keywords can generate the desired results and fast.

Every business today needs to have a website, and not a page on another site. It is part of your branding and will help you create a sustainable business that one day you can sell or hand off to someone. This is essential.

I have been in the online marketing space for over 10 years and believe there are thousands of service providers who make promises they never fulfill and this is because anyone with a computer can say they do online marketing. There is basically zero barriers to entry. Unlike insurance agents, there is no licensing.

That being said, I do believe that you should focus on what you do best which is selling insurance. I would recommend that anyone needing a site or a website makeover that they do their homework. Ask around, read reviews, ask for referrals, etc.

It is also important to ask for a proposal so you know exactly what you are getting BEFORE you pay any money.

Here is what I would recommend and in the order it should be done:
1. secure branded domain name (godaddy.com, web.com, contactability.com or name.com are solid companies)
2. Find a company that can build you a template website that you own and control .... godaddy.com, web.com, contactability.com and name.com are again good options. (templates are cheaper and is all you need!!!)
-- make sure that the site is connected to your social media and has a blog, that you can add your own content (this is critical)
3. Work with Yext.com or one of their partners (godaddy, name, contactability or web.com) and have them work on your "local seo" which is directory submission... you want to make sure your website is up before you do this.
4. Engage in social media and blog...
5. USE Google adwords that is connected to google+... they have preset keywords and you can manage it yourself.

I hope this helps. You can do it in an affordable manner. good luck!

Great points!

I would also suggest that when you do have your website up and running that you sign up for Google's "Analytics" AND "Webmaster Tools" Services. They are Free to use and helps to keep you updated on the traffic on your site, errors, what keywords brought up your site in a Google search + its position, and a lot of other helpful tools to watch the back end of your website.

Back