Starting Out: SEO VS PPC

I completely agree with you. A wordpress website does not belong anywhere near an ESTABLISHED agency trying to convert a serious amount of leads. A starter agency credibility bulder, seo test site, or an AdSense pool are way more appropriate uses for WordPress. To me an agency using WordPress to primarily market their agency is like using a [email protected] email address. For new agents, this may make the most financial sense and there is nothing wrong with that until someone tells you to spend $500-$1500 for them to set it up. If you're a new agent, trust me you have 1 weekend to learn and set it up. Or get a tech savy friend to do it in exchange for lunch.

There may be plently of people that disagree with me but I guarantee they either sell WP design or have been sold WP design.

I am NOT saying WP sucks or that it's not useful. I have a few and I know a lot of others on here have successful WP sites. My main point is don't pay top dollar for a custom layout and design for gmail. Its still gmail people....

So why would wordpress not be a good choice for an established agency to use?

So why would wordpress not be a good choice for an established agency to use?

Its too basic IMO. They don't stand out. If I land on a WP site, I know its WordPress. My comparison is that of an email address. If you are an established business (any industry), would you email contacts or clients with a [email protected] email address? Hopefully not because this is a representation of your image to potential and existing clients.

To me, in online marketing, using a WordPress is nothing more than basic. This can be a valid choice for those with a low budget and want to start off in the game (highly encouraged). But trust me when if you want to get into the hundreds of leads a month area, wp won't get you there and won't cut it managing them when you do..... unless you are into turn and burn lead aggregation but that's a different case.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Its too basic IMO. They don't stand out. If I land on a WP site, I know its WordPress. My comparison is that of an email address. If you are an established business (any industry), would you email contacts or clients with a [email protected] email address?"
YOU might know it's a word press site but 99% of my target market won't know or care if it's a WP site. Also, my email address is my name@(my-site).com.....or they use the contact form. I'm not sure what yahoo and gmail email addresses have to do with this.

"Its too basic IMO. They don't stand out. If I land on a WP site, I know its WordPress. My comparison is that of an email address. If you are an established business (any industry), would you email contacts or clients with a [email protected] email address?"
YOU might know it's a word press site but 99% of my target market won't know or care if it's a WP site. Also, my email address is my name@(my-site).com.....or they use the contact form. I'm not sure what yahoo and gmail email addresses have to do with this.

I'M using email an example. Think of your website as an online business card. I understand that 99% won't know if its wp but how many will land on it and just leave because of the look and feel? Do you monitor your bounce rate? If so, what is your bounce rate and visitor to lead conversion ratio?

I'm positive the professionalism and over all look of your website play a huge part in conversion optimization especially in a industry like insurance where there are so many people not worthy of trust (I'm not saying you). Why just have a website that only gets leads when its capable of being a marketing tool that also builds trust and confidence in you and your service?

IMO WP designs don't really cut it for more than a blog. Why do you think there are 2 offers for free WP ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder why those word press theme stores are doing so well? It can't just be due to bloggers. I'm a website noob but some of those designs are very attractive.

Wonder why those word press theme stores are doing so well? It can't just be due to bloggers. I'm a website noob but some of those designs are very attractive.

I didn't say they were bad. There are many industries where a WP website is more than enough. I'm speaking specifically for insurance and insurance lead generation.

It is not so much what CMS that work is done in. It has more to do with the fact that a proper sequence of events did not get carried out by a designer who doesn't follow user experience best practices.

In Insurance sales we have to follow a set of steps to get the sale

1. Prospect
2. appointment
3. contract signing
4. follow up

Many "amateur" designers do not know the steps to follow when it comes to design so the outcome is no leads or few non converting leads.

The questions is not whats your CMS, it is did you do your homework, how much research did you put into it and honestly a host of other needed insights

He is a list of 25 we incorporate into our practice 25 Website ‘Must Haves’ for Driving Traffic, Leads and Sales

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, Unlike lawyers my advice is free

It is not so much what CMS that work is done in. It has more to do with the fact that a proper sequence of events did not get carried out by a designer who doesn't follow user experience best practices.

In Insurance sales we have to follow a set of steps to get the sale

1. Prospect
2. appointment
3. contract signing
4. follow up

Many "amateur" designers do not know the steps to follow when it comes to design so the outcome is no leads or few non converting leads.

The questions is not whats your CMS, it is did you do your homework, how much research did you put into it and honestly a host of other needed insights

He is a list of 25 we incorporate into our practice 25 Website ‘Must Haves’ for Driving Traffic, Leads and Sales

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, Unlike lawyers my advice is free

you didnt really read my arguments did you? its not about the cms.... you're just trying to find anyway to push those ebooks.... i'm done here

Sorry Raph, I think I crossed my wires, I was responding to PCB Insurance. Also the Ebooks are quantitative information vs conjecture & opinion without method.

I think everyone's opinion has innate value, especially since the backgrounds on this site are so varied. Even though I may not agree with your opinion on a cms being industry specific that doesn't make it less valid the mine.

Maybe this is a good time to again mention my November SEO special for Forum members only (and anybody else).

$499 per month gets you unlimited use of my beta software that is used by many firms in the Fortune 500 (I assume they use it). I guarantee I will get three of your key words on Page five (and maybe even Page six or seven). I pick the key words and you wait for the leads.

Money back guarantee as always. If you are not satisfied, after three months, you can cancel your subscription and only pay for an additional 30 days.

Back