What Makes You Trust a Website?

You could always use a service such as usertesting.com, of course that's not free like the advice you could get here. I will give you the results of my tests using them and spending the cash.....

I target the Senior market and every single person (I chose only Seniors to review my sites) loved my websites, thought they looked incredibly professional, extremely informative, and they trusted them.

The Pro's

* They loved the easy-to-read content, various charts, and titles of each paragraph as they worked their way down each page to learn about whatever topic/keyword I have the page written towards

* All of them mentioned the BBB logo (despite my hatred of BBB and their money grabbing system, I will continue to pay them as they're a necessary evil IMO)

* Very clear and concise calls-to-action

The Con's

* There was only one. When they all got to my quote page every single one of them was worried they'd get bombarded by phone calls from a ton of agents.

All in all it was great money spent. Hope this helps in some way, if you'd like me to check out your site and throw around ideas I'd be happy to.

When they all got to my quote page every single one of them was worried they'd get bombarded by phone calls from a ton of agents.

One agent says he get's better results by offering a free report by email vs a quote.

Your thoughts?

You could always use a service such as usertesting.com, of course that's not free like the advice you could get here. I will give you the results of my tests using them and spending the cash.....

I target the Senior market and every single person (I chose only Seniors to review my sites) loved my websites, thought they looked incredibly professional, extremely informative, and they trusted them.

The Pro's

* They loved the easy-to-read content, various charts, and titles of each paragraph as they worked their way down each page to learn about whatever topic/keyword I have the page written towards

* All of them mentioned the BBB logo (despite my hatred of BBB and their money grabbing system, I will continue to pay them as they're a necessary evil IMO)

* Very clear and concise calls-to-action

The Con's

* There was only one. When they all got to my quote page every single one of them was worried they'd get bombarded by phone calls from a ton of agents.

All in all it was great money spent. Hope this helps in some way, if you'd like me to check out your site and throw around ideas I'd be happy to.

What is your site's domain?

Long Term Care Insurance Reviews, Ratings, Quotes & Expert Advice - LTC Partner

One agent says he get's better results by offering a free report by email vs a quote.

Your thoughts?

I think it's absolutely worth testing and something I've thought about. The great thing about that is you can get minimal information (first & last name, email only) for list building.

Bevo, lately I have been getting a lot (more than usual) of wrong numbers. Throwing aside the obvious bum emails in the quote requests, now I have to deal with "No, Sally doesn't live here. Who the hell are you?".

In the past I have found that a fair number of people will call or email me after getting their quote and a series of drip emails.

I won't give up the quote engine, but definitely going to try the free report angle to see if I get better leads.

I think that for a website to be trusted, it HAS to be shown on the first 3 pages of a google search.

I would argue that you've got to show up on page 1 of a Google search or it just doesn't matter. Studies always show that about 95% of people searching a keyword on Google never venture beyond the first page of search results. It you are so good at SEO to garner the No. 1 position, you get 33% of the traffic while the No. 2 spot only gets 18%.

Last edited:
Bevo, lately I have been getting a lot (more than usual) of wrong numbers. Throwing aside the obvious bum emails in the quote requests, now I have to deal with "No, Sally doesn't live here. Who the hell are you?".

In the past I have found that a fair number of people will call or email me after getting their quote and a series of drip emails.

I won't give up the quote engine, but definitely going to try the free report angle to see if I get better leads.

Somarco,

I've been ranking websites for the last 4 years and this has been the most bizarre year for lead gen in the Medicare market I've ever seen, which sucks because I'm ranked better than I have ever been.

More bogus, less traffic and conversions, and prospects seemingly far more reluctant. I have no explanation and I'm a metrics junkie. No clue.

It definitely is all about the follow up with drip emails, and somehow STANDING OUT. Be the Purple Cow, something different that sets you apart from all the other drip emails they're getting. Glad to hear you're getting those deals though.

I'd be interested to see what the final metrics of closed deals and CPA is from the quote engine vs the report. Definitely a slightly longer sales process with the report and if you're not collecting a phone your email has to do the talking. Pro copywriting is the key there.

Today's online marketing is all about providing value first (evidently a ton of it) and building that relationship. I'm incredibly impatient so I'll continue to A/B test my quote pages for conversion as I want the lead now. :laugh:

Right now running around 30% bogus so I can live with that.

----------

I would argue that you've got to show up on page 1 of a Google search or it just doesn't matter. Studies always show that about 95% of people searching a keyword on Google never venture beyond the first page of search results. It you are so good at SEO to garner the No. 1 position, you get 33% of the traffic while the No. 2 spot only gets 18%.

Absolutely correct. It is a significant difference from being top 3 of any search engine to even the #6 spot in terms of traffic. Page 2 and 3 might as well be page 30.

Last edited:
Right now running around 30% bogus

I should be so lucky.

A few yrs ago it was 30% bum info, now closer to 40%. Add in the ones that never answer their phone, VM is full or never set up (or non-existent), can't qualify medically and I am looking at 10 - 15% valid prospects.

Used to be 20%+ with some consistency and I would close at least half of those.

Yes, a real person's name and pictures. An address if there is one but a PO box is okay. Don't need a picture of the building though it helps but no phony office building pictures. A local phone number and an email address, not just a contact us form.

After previewing several websites, I am wondering why Real Estate Agent websites contain photos of the agent, and sometimes, the agent standing with smiling buyers. Their business cards too..

Are there many Life & Health agents who have photos of themselves, or their families on their personal website? Would seem to be a nice touch as long as you don't look like Dracula. But on the other hand, some prospects might find Dracula a turn-on?

Back