Any Brokers that Don't Operate Like Network Marketing Companies or Charge a Fortune for Leads?

AgentMAL

I am newly licensed in Oregon and have been shocked and disgusted by how many brokers are pushing agents to "build a dowline" even more than they are pushing them to sell insurance. Also have been dismayed by the amount of money brokers charge their own agents for leads. It is much more than what those leads cost them, so it seems to be a profit strategy. The brokers are already get a percentage of the commission paid out on all policies sold by their agents and, in some cases, a very high percentage. Can anyone recommend brokers/companies where this type of unethical behavior is not the norm and where a new agent can work and learn and build some business before having to be pressured to hire other agents or build up a huge debt buying leads? Thanks.

I am newly licensed in Oregon and have been shocked and disgusted by how many brokers are pushing agents to "build a dowline" even more than they are pushing them to sell insurance. Also have been dismayed by the amount of money brokers charge their own agents for leads. It is much more than what those leads cost them, so it seems to be a profit strategy. The brokers are already get a percentage of the commission paid out on all policies sold by their agents and, in some cases, a very high percentage. Can anyone recommend brokers/companies where this type of unethical behavior is not the norm and where a new agent can work and learn and build some business before having to be pressured to hire other agents or build up a huge debt buying leads? Thanks.

This is going to sound like a pitch but FexContracting not only doesn't encourage agents to build down lines, we tell every new agent with that garbage already imprinted in their brain that they will lose money doing it 90% of the time. We strongly discourage it.

Unfortunately, there are several IMO's with that "building" on day 1 mentality. The good news is that you have found this forum, you can chose a nice "niche" market to target, and start there. Do your research and you will find many paths to success.

Welcome to The Insurance Forums

Is this NAA?? I'm curious...

I met an agent earlier this week, really nice person. She recently got an insurance license and her upline has done similar to what you are describing. She is already trying to build a downline (and has a couple agents i think) and start an agency, but she still hasnt been on a single appointment yet... She said her upline is in the process of doing an 8k DM lead drop for her at no cost, but it still shocks me that she will have all these leads and no field sales experience...

Last edited:
This is going to sound like a pitch but FexContracting not only doesn't encourage agents to build down lines, we tell every new agent with that garbage already imprinted in their brain that they will lose money doing it 90% of the time. We strongly discourage it.

What a load of crap. Not only did you want me to build a downline when I was with Fex, but you wanted me to offer 50% contracts...

Just another example of a hypocrite/lying marketer at work.

What a load of crap. Not only did you want me to build a downline when I was with Fex, but you wanted me to offer 50% contracts... Just another example of a hypocrite/lying marketer at work.

50%? I told you 25%.

Yes. Fex is all about mult-level marketing. We require that all agents recruit, recruit, recruit.

50%? I told you 25%. Yes. Fex is all about mult-level marketing. We require that all agents recruit, recruit, recruit.

Not saying you tell everyone that, but yes Scott you did tell me I should recruit agents in GA and give them 50% contracts..I even sent Travis a text after that conversation because it was so odd...that was when I realized Who YOU really were and that I needed to leave your group.

Back