Aspiring Insurance Agents Do Your Reasearch

Even though all the research in the world wont make you successful, it is certainly a strong enough component to be added to the equation. I wish I would have found this website last year when I decided to quit my job in corporate america to pursue my goals of being a business owner in the Insurance market. 2012 was full of learning. Some companies suck. Some companies are great. MANY companies want to suck the blood out of you and do not care about you at the end of the day. A lot of companies in general (not just in insurance) have the slave ship mentality. If I quit corporate america because I was tired if MASA's bullshit, why did I let myself get swindled back onto a plantation in the insurance field. Some insurance companies and recruiters are nothing more than pimps looking for another hoe! If you want to own a business, then NEVER allow yourself to become a slave or a hoe. Strategize your decision in the insurance industry or you will end up in the same place as before.

Like the sayings goes, If I would have known then, what I know now, things would have really went differently. I know the struggles I had in the industry in 2012 were much needed for me to build a solid foundation and to appreciate when things are beautiful.

If I could offer any advice to something thinking of becoming an insurance agent, please research the companies you are interested in before signing any paperwork. It may end up saving your life, time, and finances!

The insurance industry is rewarding and lucrative. Do your research first. :)

Back