Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to Bank Owned Life Insurance     
Old 04-14-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
WMG
Super Genius

State: WMG is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Bank Owned Life Insurance Bank Owned Life Insurance
Anyone have any good resources on bank owned life insurance, the amounts each of the big banks own, etc.?

I know there have been some reports, even a website or two, but I haven't seen anything lately.

Thank you in advance.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Bank Owned Life Insurance
Old 04-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Bank Owned Life Insurance Re: Bank Owned Life Insurance
Originally Posted by WMG View Post
Anyone have any good resources on bank owned life insurance, the amounts each of the big banks own, etc.?

I know there have been some reports, even a website or two, but I haven't seen anything lately.

Thank you in advance.
The best and most accurate way is to look up their yearly financial reports and look at the Tier1 assets.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
DHK
Guru
DHK on Bank Owned Life Insurance

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
List of Banks Boli Amounts?
Old 04-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
WMG
Super Genius

Bank Owned Life Insurance Re: Bank Owned Life Insurance WMG is the thread starter for: Bank Owned Life Insurance

Originally Posted by scagnt83 View Post
The best and most accurate way is to look up their yearly financial reports and look at the Tier1 assets.
Yes, but I think the reporting requirements have changed or something of the like, and it's not as identifiable as it once was. I am not sure. Regardless, I was looking for some of the stats, numbers, etc. -- where they might be published or similar. I know there was a website once but I can't find it. Thanks.

----------

Originally Posted by DHK View Post
Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #5
Guru

Yes, but I think the reporting requirements have changed or something of the like, and it's not as identifiable as it once was. I am not sure. Regardless, I was looking for some of the stats, numbers, etc. -- where they might be published or similar. I know there was a website once but I can't find it. Thanks.

----------

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it.
Im not aware of any changes to the reporting requirement. But Im not as up to date on the BOLI world like I used to be. With all of the Dodd-Frank changes I would not be surprised. BOLI is a long hard path to make a sale. The guy who got me into the industry was a BOLI/COLI expert. He concentrated on COLI the farther he got into his career. After dipping my toe in the BOLI world I quickly found out why! Of course if you just have an "in" then it can make a lot of sense to go after one.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
WMG
Super Genius

Bank Owned Life Insurance Re: Bank Owned Life Insurance WMG is the thread starter for: Bank Owned Life Insurance

Originally Posted by scagnt83 View Post
Im not aware of any changes to the reporting requirement. But Im not as up to date on the BOLI world like I used to be. With all of the Dodd-Frank changes I would not be surprised. BOLI is a long hard path to make a sale. The guy who got me into the industry was a BOLI/COLI expert. He concentrated on COLI the farther he got into his career. After dipping my toe in the BOLI world I quickly found out why! Of course if you just have an "in" then it can make a lot of sense to go after one.
Agreed...sorry for the confusion, I am not looking to enter the BOLI marketplace...heaven forbid, LOL.

I was more looking to get current information, statistics, etc. on the amounts of life insurance the major banks own, are holding, etc.

As far as the reporting requirements, maybe I stated it poorly. What I meant was years ago, on various financial reports, and even more so on financial statements, Tier 1 assets -- and specifically the life insurance -- I think was more identifiable, perhaps more of a break-down. I've heard in recent years, that it's harder to identify the life insurance component, but I could have been told wrong or inaccurately.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
Guru

Agreed...sorry for the confusion, I am not looking to enter the BOLI marketplace...heaven forbid, LOL.

I was more looking to get current information, statistics, etc. on the amounts of life insurance the major banks own, are holding, etc.

As far as the reporting requirements, maybe I stated it poorly. What I meant was years ago, on various financial reports, and even more so on financial statements, Tier 1 assets -- and specifically the life insurance -- I think was more identifiable, perhaps more of a break-down. I've heard in recent years, that it's harder to identify the life insurance component, but I could have been told wrong or inaccurately.

Thanks.
I understand. I was just throwing out my thoughts about BOLI more than anything... lol.

This link has some good info http://www.equiasalliance.com/images...ngs-Report.pdf
I think I might have posted it in that thread DHK linked to.
Reply to Bank Owned Life Insurance 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Tags
life insurance