Difficult Case PLEASE HELP

joshblackman

I received a call from someone who is in a tough spot. The proposed insured is a 31 year old non-smoking male who recently had a tumor of some kind found in his brain. He is still undergoing testing to find out what exactly it is. He currently only has group term through his wife's employer for $100,000. The wife is freaking out because they have two young children and has realized that he does not have enough life insurance.
He does not qualify for any of the guaranteed issue products that I am aware of because he is so young.
Does anyone on here know if there is something out there that will allow me to get more life insurance on him at this point or is it game over?

Thank you for any help you can give.

I received a call from someone who is in a tough spot. The proposed insured is a 31 year old non-smoking male who recently had a tumor of some kind found in his brain. He is still undergoing testing to find out what exactly it is. He currently only has group term through his wife's employer for $100,000. The wife is freaking out because they have two young children and has realized that he does not have enough life insurance.
He does not qualify for any of the guaranteed issue products that I am aware of because he is so young.
Does anyone on here know if there is something out there that will allow me to get more life insurance on him at this point or is it game over?

Thank you for any help you can give.

That one is going to be tough. "Are there any outstanding medical tests that you've not received the results for?" You can go Guaranteed issue but that will be costly even at 31.

You are right, there are several GI options out there, but the only ones I know of have minimum ages of 40 or 50. I am looking for the ones that will go down to age 31.

He is uninsurable with traditional life insurance products.

If cancerous, would have to go through and complete all treatment, followed by a postpone period...most likely 5 years, then coverage may...or may not be available depending on extent of cancer, plus a flat extra would likely be involved.

If benign, need to know what type of tumor, location, treatment, etc...will have to be taken care of followed by postpone period before any company would consider.

Back