Dont Understand Life Insurance Jobs

agins

I got my life and health insurance license a few months ago. Why does every job I go to wants me to pay for leads or send the 25 customers referrals
then pay me only 50% commission. then once I sell 20 policy's then ill get 65% commission

Is there any salary jobs for life and health insurance out there.

Nope.

Any salary offered would only be temporary anyway. The longest I heard of was Metlife for up to 19 weeks and a maximum of $1,300/week... but you still have to qualify for the salary through pre-production. I think you'd have to submit $20,000 of commissionable premium before you can qualify for the maximum salary.

Who are you with?
What type of life insurance are you specializing in?
(Just Life, final expense, financial planning)
And what type and how much are you paying for leads?

I got my life and health insurance license a few months ago. Why does every job I go to wants me to pay for leads or send the 25 customers referrals
then pay me only 50% commission. then once I sell 20 policy's then ill get 65% commission

Is there any salary jobs for life and health insurance out there.

As DHK says! NOPE!.......................

So you went and got licensed without any idea of how being an agent works and how we are compensated?

You're gonna love hearing that a normal commission for my life business runs at a minimum of 12 weeks from turning in the application to writing the deposit check. I have this feeling you're not going to be very happy in this business as it is nothing like a salaried job.

You have to hunt for your dinner in this business. The good news is that the more you sell, the higher payout you can get. You can literally make as much as you want, assuming you are putting in the proper effort. Also, understand that production is leverage for the agent: if you have high production, you can qualify for (or demand) higher % payouts (75% - 100+% of first year premium). If you have low production, get happy about lower payouts (around 50%) while you improve your sales process.

It is definitely TOUGH to start, but by being commission only, you'll have complete control over your future. Salaries almost always lead to you working for some joker who doesn't have a clue about much of anything except covering his own a**.

Back