Erie Life Insurance

tk69

I have an insured with a preexisting condition that will get worst over time. Currently we have applied for insurance and 12 of 13 major carriers have rejected him. I am going to suggest a 10 pay whole with the carrier the accepted him. The Insured can afford the premiums.

The insured is looking for an additional $1m in coverage. However, he has an old, convertible, 500k erie term life policy with a good rating since it was written prior to his condition.

Thus I think it is a good idea to do a 10 pay on the erie policy but I don't know if erie will allow me to do this and get the commission since I am not licensed. I don't want to spend 6 months licensing just to covert this policy.

The insured no longer keeps in touch with this agent and would preferred to do it with me. Is there a way to convert the erie term policy into a 10 pay whole life and get commissions? I don't think it is right to do a conversion so another agent can get a commission. Do I have any other options?

TK are you an Erie agent?

Where in PA?

Going from agent to agent is difficult with Erie. The home office stays out of it as much as possible. It would be between you and the other agent.

Back