Final Expense or Mortgage Protection POLL

What is your Primary Market? FE or MP

• Total voters
The list that scagnt83 mentioned... a lot of those activities can be found in Robert Krumroy's book: Please...Make ME a little bit FAMOUS! - Kindle edition by Robert Krumroy. Professional & Technical Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

The problem I have with some of these, is that they are great "add-on" methods to a solid marketing campaign, but not to be relied on a regular basis.

For example: one idea in the book is to deliver lunches to CPAs on tax day. Decent enough idea and courtesy, but the problem is that you can only do it once a year. That's not the kind of consistency that agents need.

There's also the "business card luggage tag" idea... that "could" be more consistent, but it's costly.

In short, I find all these "gimmicks" to be great... if you cannot communicate who you are, what you do, and the value you bring to the relationship in a clear and concise manner. Once you can articulate that, prospecting gets much easier.

I would disagree with the bold part. With any of the ideas I mentioned you still have to be able to articulate how you can bring value to a persons situation. Even if it is in the most simplest of terms. Even with a bought lead if you cant sell yourself and your services then your closing %s will be horrible and it will be doubtful your ROI will be in the black,

Getting in front of people and having the opportunity to actually ask for a chance to present your services is half the battle for a new agent. And with new agents volume is key since they have not perfected their value proposition. Some of those methods may seem gimmicky, but they work if done properly.

And the CPA lunch idea works too. But you just have to follow up with the CPA after tax season. One contact with a potential center of influence is useless. It will take at least 3 if not 5 contacts to make any meaningful progress.

----------

Prospecting Is a foreign concept.

For you or for new agents these days? :1rolleyes:

So, looking up at the poll results, about half of the agents on here are already primarily targeting the FE market and very few are targeting the MP market.

The reason my wife and I walked away from MP is because we just couldn't get enough decent leads. We looked at a lot of the marketing strategies mentioned above, but decided that working a lead program would be a lot easier to get in front of INTERESTED Prospects. And we were right!

We went from surviving in the MP market, to making out like bandits selling FE. :GEEK:

Back