Free Trial - LEAP's Wealth In Motion Software

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
** General Information Wealth In Motion

For anybody who may be curious about LEAP's Wealth In Motion software, there is a free trial demo you can now download and play with before committing your money.

While I love the LEAP concepts, I'm not a big fan of the over-intellectualizing and over-analysis of the concepts. I've been checking out Circle of Wealth and I like the simplicity and the built-in storyboards & tracks to follow.

Just thought I'd post the link for anyone else who may be curious about LEAP and Wealth In Motion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never mind. You have to have a promotional code to be able to register your free trial of the software. I'm sure you can contact LEAP Systems directly at [email protected]

Last edited:
Interesting about the free trial. I just talked to someone at LEAP and they said that they did not have a demo. I would have to pay to play. I could go to the 2 day class to see it in more action???

I have been playing with Circle of Wealth's demo for a couple of days, and they had no issues with letting me test it out for a number of days.

I like what I has seen of LEAP, but given they don't have a demo so I can get a real feel for it, will probably go with Circle of Wealth!

If you have used either of these, or another system, please do share your experience.

** General Information Wealth In Motion

For anybody who may be curious about LEAP's Wealth In Motion software, there is a free trial demo you can now download and play with before committing your money.

While I love the LEAP concepts, I'm not a big fan of the over-intellectualizing and over-analysis of the concepts. I've been checking out Circle of Wealth and I like the simplicity and the built-in storyboards & tracks to follow.

Just thought I'd post the link for anyone else who may be curious about LEAP and Wealth In Motion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never mind. You have to have a promotional code to be able to register your free trial of the software. I'm sure you can contact LEAP Systems directly at [email protected]

I have used LEAP's Wealth In Motion software in the past. It's been about 3 years and I've heard they've made several improvements to it since I used it last.

That said, IMO, it's not for someone new to life insurance-based financial planning.

I remember a webinar (or was it Al Dickens, a corporate LEAP trainer) that said that using Wealth In Motion was like learning to play a musical instrument - that it can take years to finally master.

Using the software to first show the "Ideal World", then the impact of taxes, inflation, planned obsolescence, technological change, lost opportunity costs and finally college/wedding costs... to finally show the "real world" is challenging. Then the goal is to work with the client to build up their situation as close to "ideal world" as you can, within the world we live in. It doesn't appear to let you do it "on the fly". It requires a lot of time to input the data and then to verify that YOU understand what it's saying to you. (Hint: if you think it's showing the wrong thing, review the "cash flow" tab. Your error is probably there.)

The end result of LEAP is to sell a permanent whole life policy with minimum premium and maximum death benefit. The idea is to utilize a "velocity of money" to have each dollar work as hard as it can for you. You might use some "infinite banking" or "Missed Fortune" to initially start the program, but it's all about the death benefit.

BTW, the "external design" module is funky at best. Better be well scripted in how it works before attempting it.

To make it worth your while, you should probably limit LEAP-type planning to clients who:
- work for someone else
- under age 45
- married with children
- household income greater than $150k
- investable assets over $250k

Okay, that would be MY ideal profile to use such a selling process with. Your profile may be different, but if I'm going to go through all that without charging a fee, then you can only do it on people who you can make enough to have it be worth your time.

I think charging a fee for the full-blown consultation of multiple meetings would be the best thing to do. Of course, that would require a Series 65 and an IAR/RIA affiliation.

----------------------------------------

Circle of Wealth seems quite simple to use, and less expensive over time. Great training opportunities and tools to help you get the most out of it as quickly as possible. Lots of calculators available too. But I just see it as "LEAP" with a different flavor.

The idea of COW is to maximum fund a life insurance policy.

Just as LEAP's Wealth In Motion software is input intensive, COW seems to be "less". The "Circle Talk" can be done "on the fly" with the figures that the client gives you. However, going through the rest of the calculations would probably require additional multiple meetings just as LEAP would.

COW may be easier to use and communicate, but it seems to take up a similar amount of time and # of meetings.

There's another software program out there called Truth Concepts. It's a calculator system only. I've played with the demo a few times. (Go to their website to the "Support" link and you can download a 14-day trial there.)

The cost is right. BTW, it's the only system I've seen to acurately describe how the "borrowing strategy" works with permanent life insurance. The cost is much less than COW or LEAP.

But it's a calculator only. It's not very visual. I like having good visuals to help me "tell the story".

I'm rather impatient. I believe in a simplified approach. I believe that if you're talking too much and not exposing enough pain, that you're wasting your time. If I can't paint a good enough picture within a short period of time to give you enough of a reason to listen to me, then you should fire me or kick me out of your office.

Turbocharge Your Sales Training and Software

Request and download a trial here:
Professional Financial Planning Software for Financial Advisors

This software is incredible. It's like having the ultimate "swiss army knife". It gets your clients involved in the process and awakens them to the situation they're in. It gets them to pay attention.

Here's what the software can directly solve/illustrate:
1. How much death benefit do you need to "get the red out".

2. How much money do you need to save every month in my company's 401(k) plan to retire comfortably? (Based on the assumptions they've given.)

3. What would happen to their retirement savings in the event of a long term care event? Then illustrate the LTC premium along with the cash flow to cover the event.

Some discussion points you can have as a result of using the software to have a discussion:

1. Are you planning on selling your business as part of your retirement plan? (Input the value of the business as a "non-qualified" asset, then discuss business valuation & succession planning & financing the sale.) You can also discuss how they're a "1-stock millionaire" and that they need help to help ensure that they don't lose everything by betting on that 1 stock.

2. Where will you find the money to save without causing a major problem in your household? (Discuss how infinite banking works to restructure debt and begin to SAVE every month, instead of paying financial institutions.) Then you can take a rough illustration of their total debt and their total annual interest payments - input the interest payments as a new amount being saved in the account of their choice and see how THAT would affect their situation (along with owning life insurance).

3. What would happen in the event of a disability? (Clear out the income and future contributions - except for permanent policies that have disabiltiy waivers for full premiums.)

4. What would the affect of a stock market loss have on your retirement savings? How long would it take for you to "make that back up"? Can you afford stock market losses for your retirement savings plan? (Great for discussing Fixed Indexed UL and Fixed Indexed Annuities.)

5. Discuss the possible changes to future taxation and what the impact would be on their retirement savings.

6. Will social security be there at the age they plan to retire? Show the social security calculation and simply ask them the question. You can change the estimation to 75%, 50% or 25% of the original calculation to fit their own estimated views.

7. Would a business owner like to have a pension plan established for lifetime guaranteed income?

The best parts of this software is:
- A new person can use this on their FIRST day on the job. It's THAT easy!
- You can do a nearly COMPLETE retirement savings plan in about 15 minutes.
- It can be used as a prospecting & approach tool.
- It'll get the attention of the most stubborn of prospects quickly.
- It'll act as "truth serum" as you continually put in the figures and the client wants to avoid running out of money.
- The cost is FAR LESS than LEAP or COW. (No literature to buy, nor any sales conventions to attend every year.)
- You can use it to help you with company 401(k) sales, life insurance, disability, LTC, annuities, investments, voluntary payroll deduction sales... it can be used for almost ANYTHING... so you're not "locked into" a particular selling script.
- Have genuine conversations with people instead of a pre-recorded and rehearsed script.
- It does NOT use any kind of "monte carlo" simulation so you don't need a securities license to use it.
- It does not print out any reports that may be used as "sales literature" - so you don't even need your B/D's compliance approval on the reports. (Reports are rarely longer than 10 pages.)

Now for the drawbacks:
- It can help you DISCUSS many things, but it won't necessarily help you MODEL everything you discuss. You can try, but it'll probably be a waste of your time to try to get software to do what it wasn't designed to do.

That's probably it.

The only other software that has come close to this is Methuselah. I really liked how it would change the graphics as you changed the inputs... but Torrid-Tech's Retirement Savings Planner does it better, quicker and easier.

EDIT: I am now part of the affiliate program for Torrid Technologies, so I would appreciate it that if you want to check it out, that you would use my link: http://tinyurl.com/DHKRetirementView Thanks!

Last edited:
You won't get anything free from LEAP. I used LEAP from the early 90s during my days with Guardian. I've been using Circle of Wealth since 2006. You can get more information about COW at www.moneytrax.com. You'll need to register to get into the web site. You can see some demos of the various modules (the visuals are newer than the videos) but you'll get a flavor of what the system is all about.

This is how my conversation with a LEAP peddler ended some years ago:

Me: "You want me to pay how much EVERY YEAR?"

Peddler: "$2,xxx.00"

Me: "Go xxxx your xxxxxx."

This is how my conversation with a LEAP peddler ended some years ago:

Me: "You want me to pay how much EVERY YEAR?"

Peddler: "$2,xxx.00"

Me: "Go xxxx your xxxxxx."
Sounds like you thoroughly investigated the LEAP system and dutifully decided that the cost / benefit analysis led you to your decision.

There's another software program out there called Truth Concepts. It's a calculator system only. I've played with the demo a few times. (Go to their website to the "Support" link and you can download a 14-day trial there.)

The cost is right. BTW, it's the only system I've seen to acurately describe how the "borrowing strategy" works with permanent life insurance. The cost is much less than COW or LEAP.

But it's a calculator only. It's not very visual. I like having good visuals to help me "tell the story".

I'm rather impatient. I believe in a simplified approach. I believe that if you're talking too much and not exposing enough pain, that you're wasting your time. If I can't paint a good enough picture within a short period of time to give you enough of a reason to listen to me, then you should fire me or kick me out of your office.

This software is incredible. It's like having the ultimate "swiss army knife". It gets your clients involved in the process and awakens them to the situation they're in. It gets them to pay attention.

Here's what the software can directly solve/illustrate:
1. How much death benefit do you need to "get the red out".

2. How much money do you need to save every month in my company's 401(k) plan to retire comfortably? (Based on the assumptions they've given.)

3. What would happen to their retirement savings in the event of a long term care event? Then illustrate the LTC premium along with the cash flow to cover the event.

Some discussion points you can have as a result of using the software to have a discussion:

1. Are you planning on selling your business as part of your retirement plan? (Input the value of the business as a "non-qualified" asset, then discuss business valuation & succession planning & financing the sale.) You can also discuss how they're a "1-stock millionaire" and that they need help to help ensure that they don't lose everything by betting on that 1 stock.

2. Where will you find the money to save without causing a major problem in your household? (Discuss how infinite banking works to restructure debt and begin to SAVE every month, instead of paying financial institutions.) Then you can take a rough illustration of their total debt and their total annual interest payments - input the interest payments as a new amount being saved in the account of their choice and see how THAT would affect their situation (along with owning life insurance).

3. What would happen in the event of a disability? (Clear out the income and future contributions - except for permanent policies that have disabiltiy waivers for full premiums.)

4. What would the affect of a stock market loss have on your retirement savings? How long would it take for you to "make that back up"? Can you afford stock market losses for your retirement savings plan? (Great for discussing Fixed Indexed UL and Fixed Indexed Annuities.)

5. Discuss the possible changes to future taxation and what the impact would be on their retirement savings.

6. Will social security be there at the age they plan to retire? Show the social security calculation and simply ask them the question. You can change the estimation to 75%, 50% or 25% of the original calculation to fit their own estimated views.

7. Would a business owner like to have a pension plan established for lifetime guaranteed income?

The best parts of this software is:
- A new person can use this on their FIRST day on the job. It's THAT easy!
- You can do a nearly COMPLETE retirement savings plan in about 15 minutes.
- It can be used as a prospecting & approach tool.
- It'll get the attention of the most stubborn of prospects quickly.
- It'll act as "truth serum" as you continually put in the figures and the client wants to avoid running out of money.
- The cost is FAR LESS than LEAP or COW. (No literature to buy, nor any sales conventions to attend every year.)
- You can use it to help you with company 401(k) sales, life insurance, disability, LTC, annuities, investments, voluntary payroll deduction sales... it can be used for almost ANYTHING... so you're not "locked into" a particular selling script.
- Have genuine conversations with people instead of a pre-recorded and rehearsed script.
- It does NOT use any kind of "monte carlo" simulation so you don't need a securities license to use it.
- It does not print out any reports that may be used as "sales literature" - so you don't even need your B/D's compliance approval on the reports. (Reports are rarely longer than 10 pages.)
- You can install it on as many computers as you want. No "additional seat" to buy! Of course, the license for the software is "per advisor" so other agents need to buy their own copy.

Now for the drawbacks:
- It can help you DISCUSS many things, but it won't necessarily help you MODEL everything you discuss. You can try, but it'll probably be a waste of your time to try to get software to do what it wasn't designed to do.

That's probably it.

(Note: I am not affiliated with Torrid-Tech. I just like to sound like a commercial for the things that I like.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DHK,

I know this is an old post, just wanted to see if you've changed your opinion on Torrid Tech's software? Looking for a planning tool to use with clients, and was trying to avoid the high subscription cost of COW, LEAP or e-Money. Or am I just being cheap, and should go with one of the bigger names? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I never saw this post! Um... I really like Torrid Technologies RetirementView software. In fact, I have an affiliate program for them, so if you check it out, I would appreciate it if you would use my link:

http://tinyurl.com/DHKRetirementView

Now, combine that with Insurance Pro Shop training, and I think you'll have an unbeatable combination of cost, communication effectiveness, and visual appeal. But that's just my opinion.

Back