Life Company Recommendation?

I had just done some google searches and did some online quotes. I randomly picked one and contacted them. It was some guy out of Florida that I bought my policy from. His website was primarily life insurance it appeared. I'm not sure what else he did. I was really just working on a budget. I wanted as much coverage as I could get for a monthly price. But when the premiums were higher than I thought I'd qualify for, I settled for less on myself. And I still have nothing on my wife (other than what I get from my company which is 1x annual income for spouse).

Find an independent agent that is licensed in OK and have him shop it out. It sounds like the guy you have took some short cuts. I say sounds because we do not know the whole story.

Go to term4sale.com and run some quotes based on Std. You both possibly could qualify for better but Std is a good place to start. A 30 year plan for a 30 year old female is very low cost. Find an agent that you trust.

If you do not have anyone local reach out to me. [email protected]

Lee

There are a number of companies that issue up to $250k at std rates fully underwritten but with no medical exam.

I did a 20yr term last year for a 44yr old woman, through LSW $250k issued std/nt and it was about $60/mo. She didn't want to do medical exam, and had no major health issues. She was on a small dosage of anxiety medicine daily, cover letter took care of that. She was issued std/nt

It was a smidge higher than fully uw w/exam, but to her it was worth the small increase to not have blood drawn. Some folks just don't want to give blood.

Neither of us are fans of giving blood. I'd have no problem with her doing full underwriting. She said she'd do it when I did. So non-med it is.

I actually did it about 10 years ago and backed out of the policy. At the time I qualified for super-preferred. But I have since been in a car wreck that required surgery to my left shoulder. Because of that, I was told I wouldn't qualify for the best rates. So I just went with non-med.

From this, your wife's history, and your other posts I assume you work for a P&C carrier that also does life? Because a three year old history of adult ADHD with compliance on meds and no obvious work/social issues and unless your shoulder issue has you popping opioids like Skittles... this is pretty lightweight stuff for most life carriers.

I had just done some google searches and did some online quotes. I randomly picked one and contacted them. It was some guy out of Florida that I bought my policy from. His website was primarily life insurance it appeared. I'm not sure what else he did. I was really just working on a budget. I wanted as much coverage as I could get for a monthly price. But when the premiums were higher than I thought I'd qualify for, I settled for less on myself. And I still have nothing on my wife (other than what I get from my company which is 1x annual income for spouse).

Was his name Steve?.....:twitchy:

From this, your wife's history, and your other posts I assume you work for a P&C carrier that also does life? Because a three year old history of adult ADHD with compliance on meds and no obvious work/social issues and unless your shoulder issue has you popping opioids like Skittles... this is pretty lightweight stuff for most life carriers.

Well, he didn't tell you about all the jealous wives chasing him after talking to their husbands at 3am...

I am an adjuster and do auto property only; no homes, no injury stuff. I didn't even try my own company.

This started with me trying to get insurance on both of us. I have good family history and thought I'd get a good rating. But I had shoulder surgery for a torn labrum in 2011. That made me standard. I was disappointed.

Then when he started asking questions about my wife, I said yes she took medication. My wife has been on the medication since grade school but has never had any issues. He took all her information, sold me a policy the next day and then never called back about my wife. He had told me when he took the information that a lot of companies would reject her because of the pills and maybe he could find some place to get her "rated" or something. When he never called back, I just figured he struck out with the companies he sold for.

I am an adjuster and do auto property only; no homes, no injury stuff. I didn't even try my own company.

This started with me trying to get insurance on both of us. I have good family history and thought I'd get a good rating. But I had shoulder surgery for a torn labrum in 2011. That made me standard. I was disappointed.

Then when he started asking questions about my wife, I said yes she took medication. My wife has been on the medication since grade school but has never had any issues. He took all her information, sold me a policy the next day and then never called back about my wife. He had told me when he took the information that a lot of companies would reject her because of the pills and maybe he could find some place to get her "rated" or something. When he never called back, I just figured he struck out with the companies he sold for.

The guy was new, lazy, not bright, captive and or probably out of the business by now.

Back