Life Insurance Part of Divorce Decree

Bwell86

Expert
I am going through a divorce right now. We have a two year old and I am obviously passionate about life insurance. I lost my mother in the second grade and have seen first hand the financial burden of losing a parent.

Because of this, I would like to try to make it a requirement that we each need to keep at least 100K ( I know it's not much, but I'm trying to keep it realistic for her) in force with each other as beneficiary until our son is 18. This seems standard since I've written policies because of decrees.

My soon to be ex recently lost her job with benefits so she won't be able to get it through her employer currently. We tried to get a 250k 15 year term early this year through Pru, but she was declined due to mental health issues (bipolar disorder, OCD, ADHD) and the medicines she's on (Several strong psychotropic ones) so I am unsure of how she would be able to get the 100K even.

Does anyone have any ideas for her? Obviously, I won't be selling the policy, but I'm not even sure which company may have options for her. She's also a pack a day smoker.

I am going through a divorce right now. We have a two year old and I am obviously passionate about life insurance. I lost my mother in the second grade and have seen first hand the financial burden of losing a parent.

Because of this, I would like to try to make it a requirement that we each need to keep at least 100K ( I know it's not much, but I'm trying to keep it realistic for her) in force with each other as beneficiary until our son is 18. This seems standard since I've written policies because of decrees.

My soon to be ex recently lost her job with benefits so she won't be able to get it through her employer currently. We tried to get a 250k 15 year term early this year through Pru, but she was declined due to mental health issues (bipolar disorder, OCD, ADHD) and the medicines she's on (Several strong psychotropic ones) so I am unsure of how she would be able to get the 100K even.

Does anyone have any ideas for her? Obviously, I won't be selling the policy, but I'm not even sure which company may have options for her. She's also a pack a day smoker.

Here is my suggestion. Get all her scripts and diagnoses. any history at all. Put it into an email. No names or ssns of course. Send it off to some one Like Mike (in house underwriter) at Pinney or I can give you a couple other brokerages. They can give you a prelim eval. The more info the better. remember they are not the insurance company. If you are not a Life guy reach out to one of these guys.

Lee

Back