Life Insurance for a Surgery

You can accept it. But where do you buy insurance policy?

:nah:

Walmart.............................................................

----------

Hello. I'm going in for my first surgery ever in a week or two and have two different questions... 1) can a person get "life insurance" that covers surgery?

I do have some insurance through work (50k I think), but I was thinking more along the lines of an extra 100-200k to spread out among family in the case, well, whatever might happen. Just trying to think of my kids, their school needs, my girlfriend and her kids and a new on the way grandson.

After you are well buy the kind of life insurance you need. If something were to happend to you it sounds like there are some people who would be hurting.

Hello. I'm going in for my first surgery ever in a week or two and have two different questions... 1) can a person get "life insurance" that covers surgery?

I do have some insurance through work (50k I think), but I was thinking more along the lines of an extra 100-200k to spread out among family in the case, well, whatever might happen. Just trying to think of my kids, their school needs, my girlfriend and her kids and a new on the way grandson.

Depending on the reason for the surgery you could probably find something.

So if you die on the table your family should be taken care of, but if you die in an accident a month after you recover they should not be taken care of? Of the people you have known of that have died, how many died in surgery?

If the surgery goes bad and you are not able to return to work you will most likely lose that small policy. Then you die for free. Get and keep the life insurance your family needs.

Lee

Depending on the reason for the surgery you could probably find something.

So if you die on the table your family should be taken care of, but if you die in an accident a month after you recover they should not be taken care of? Of the people you have known of that have died, how many died in surgery?

If the surgery goes bad and you are not able to return to work you will most likely lose that small policy. Then you die for free. Get and keep the life insurance your family needs.

Lee

If there is one thing I really hate doing, it is dying for free.. :twitchy:

Last edited:
According to me the answer is No. You can't get a life insurance on the basis of a surgery. I agree with Ami that insurance companies are not a charitable companies. They need to collect premiums and make profit for them.

Last edited:
Huh? Life insurance for a surgery? Life insurance is for the living assuming you would want to benefit someone who has an insurable interest in your life (spouse, child or children) when you die. Are you anticipating that you may die as a result of this operation? Perhaps you meant health insurance to cover the cost of the operation. The answer is a resounding NO----you are too late. That would be like calling for fire insurance on your house as the fire department is responding to your call for help! Anyway, in any case, you could not get health insurance to cover a specific surgery.

Most of you don't seem to get it. The poster wanted to know if they could get life insurance to insure only against death during or as a result of the surgery. Not unlike life insurance for an airline flight, albeit higher risk. This is not that strange of a question. Contrary to what you seem to think, based on your burning house analogy, death from a surgery is far from a 100% probability and far riskier things have been insured against for the right premium.

Back