Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance

xrac

Guru
5000 Post Club
Usa
I have never been a big fan of NWML because they are strickly a captive company and stiff and starchy. However, if you are captive and stay with them they are a great company to work for. My opinion of them has grown due to this neat website they have created.

http://www.letyourworriesgo.com/

Anyone who does something like this can't be all bad.

You can let your worries and premium dollars go all at the same time. Nice.

And your dividend rate go down 6.5% this year Guardian's is 7.3% and so is MASS. My insiders tell me their private equity got hurt big time in the recent market collapse and thats why the dividend went down.

Those damn chirping birds... grrr. They are maddening.

Not a dang thing calming about that at all.

And your dividend rate go down 6.5% this year Guardian's is 7.3% and so is MASS. My insiders tell me their private equity got hurt big time in the recent market collapse and thats why the dividend went down.

I can jump on this one fellas as I wrote 400k of premium on corporate and estate planning cases with NML in 2008.

They are not a captive company by the way, I am a statuary employee meaning that I have exclusive access to their products (1 of 5200 reps currently nationwide) but am in no way captive. NML rep's have a fidicuary responsability to their clients first and foremost. I pay for my office space, my staff, phone, fax ect-In having a contract like this I also am not attached to them either

Regarding dividend rate, I think anyone who is doing big premiums on the advanced planning side (NQDC,COLI,BOLI, buy-sells) can tell you that the dividend rate is only "part of the story" when it comes to a cash value policies rate of return. Because some expenses come out of the dividend before it's applied to the policies cash value, you can have a lower dividend paying policy having a higher internal rate of return.

I can jump on this one fellas as I wrote 400k of premium on corporate and estate planning cases with NML in 2008.

They are not a captive company by the way, I am a statuary employee meaning that I have exclusive access to their products (1 of 5200 reps currently nationwide) but am in no way captive. NML rep's have a fidicuary responsability to their clients first and foremost. I pay for my office space, my staff, phone, fax ect-In having a contract like this I also am not attached to them either

Regarding dividend rate, I think anyone who is doing big premiums on the advanced planning side (NQDC,COLI,BOLI, buy-sells) can tell you that the dividend rate is only "part of the story" when it comes to a cash value policies rate of return. Because some expenses come out of the dividend before it's applied to the policies cash value, you can have a lower dividend paying policy having a higher internal rate of return.

I want that kind of contract

Absolutely correct.

They are not a captive company by the way, I am a statuary employee meaning that I have exclusive access to their products (1 of 5200 reps currently nationwide) but am in no way captive. NML rep's have a fidicuary responsability to their clients first and foremost. I pay for my office space, my staff, phone, fax ect-In having a contract like this I also am not attached to them either.....quote]

Whoa, there CFP83. Are you cast in bronze or carved out of stone? I believe you mean statutory employee.:laugh:

They are not a captive company by the way, I am a statuary employee meaning that I have exclusive access to their products (1 of 5200 reps currently nationwide) but am in no way captive. NML rep's have a fidicuary responsability to their clients first and foremost. I pay for my office space, my staff, phone, fax ect-In having a contract like this I also am not attached to them either.....quote]

Whoa, there CFP83. Are you cast in bronze or carved out of stone? I believe you mean statutory employee.:laugh:

Arnguy... They don't teach that there speallin in them CFP classes. They waits untl the graduate course fur dat programs.

Back