Oh how Little I Know

I have direct contracts and also use IMO's. Some IMO's aren't worth squat, all they want is you to contract and write business so they can get the override. Others offer great support, advice, and can be a valuable partner... at least in my experience.

Golfnut...I have been with several IMO's... none owned my book of business. I do, and I service it. I guess there could be some out there that do, but that is probably more like a captive agent situation than an IMO.

Thank you pfg...

so to all..

I am only interested in life, annuity, group benefit programs. I just signed up with the Producers Firm who is in Connecticut (where I work). They have a wide variety of life companies.

To get the best price and best product options for my practice in CT would anyone be willing to share their best IMO and direct choices?

You can DM message me if you like.

Also true for any IMOs out there who feel we could be a good fit. Let me know, okay?

If you leave an IMO what happens to the business you have written thru them? Can you call the company and service it? In other words who owns the business you or the IMO?

My biggest problem with IMO's is how they think they own you by not allowing you to contract with that carrier for 6 months if you leave them. I do realize you can dual contract with some companies but who in the he$$ do they think they are.

You own the business when you switch IMOs. As long as you are contracted with that carrier (no matter which IMO you use) you can service your existing business. Just call the carrier or log into the agent portal. Renewals still get paid the same too. (unless you assigned comp which obviously is a terrible idea)

The 6 month blackout is at the Carrier level with many of them. The IMO has to ask for an exception to release early. Its the same logic behind some carriers not allowing agents to be at different comp levels with different agent numbers / IMOs. (they dont want agents constantly hoping from IMO to IMO over just a few percent)

That being said, most reputable IMOs will release early if you have a good relationship with them. Many will even put an immediate release in writing if you are worried.

Back