Policies Are in Trouble - Need Help.

From what they've told me before the SPWL policy that I could get from Thrivent would have a death benefit of $62,286.00. If Thrivent could get me a second SPWL policy with 95% of my cash value from my Country Financial UL and not be impacted by any negative underwriting the death benefit on that second policy would be $12,836.00 making the combined death benefit to be $75,122.00.

My Country Financial policy only has a death benefit of $60,000 so to me it doesn't seem to make sense to take the cash value from my Thrivent policy over to my Country Policy for a lower death benefit than I can get if I simply take the SPWL from Thrivent with my current cash value from my UL.

If I went the SPWL route instead of keeping my existing UL then, depending on Country's exchange rules, it might be better to take a SPWL policy thru them instead of taking paying Thrivent 5% for the privilege of writing me a new policy.

I don't know details about what those companies offer.

Another question to ask....do they pay dividends on their whole life? If they do and you select paid up additions as the option, your death benefit will increase a small amount each year that they pay a dividend. I know some of the carriers I use the db could be as much as 30-50% higher over a 25-30yr period on SPWL.

Another question to ask....do they pay dividends on their whole life? If they do and you select paid up additions as the option, your death benefit will increase a small amount each year that they pay a dividend. I know some of the carriers I use the db could be as much as 30-50% higher over a 25-30yr period on SPWL.

I think the Thrivent SPWL policy would because the agent mentioned something about the policy not earning much but that's another excellent suggestion if I go down that road.

Thanks....

Back