Policy Owner Dies - No Will

How is it that "Bob" did not know about the policy?

If carrier will not communicate with him, why did they send him a letter?

How is it that "Bob" did not know about the policy?

If carrier will not communicate with him, why did they send him a letter?

Bob is not all there I think. He gave his Sister money - but didnt really know I guess. There now seems to be 2 policies . . .

I guess they sent him the letter as the Insured. It was addressed to him in his name . . .

Privacy Act is a PITA . . .

His niece wanted another policy on him - but, seems his other Sister has a $10k Paid Up - so, he is okay right now. He is GI and 61 fixin to die they think . . .

I passed up a easy sale - shocker
:)

----------

Niece is getting a SIWL with Term Riders on her, her Husband and CR on daughter Monday from me . . .

We are also going to write up a Living Will and LW&T for her thru Legal Zoom - just for cases like this . . . ( another value added service for my clients )

His niece wanted another policy on him - but, seems his other Sister has a $10k Paid Up - so, he is okay right now. He is GI and 61 fixin to die they think . . .

I passed up a easy sale - shocker
:)

Why do you think it was an easy sale? You passed up a chargeback.:yes:

----------

Niece is getting a SIWL with Term Riders on her, her Husband and CR on daughter Monday from me . . .

We are also going to write up a Living Will and LW&T for her thru Legal Zoom - just for cases like this . . . ( another value added service for my clients )

She could get that done for free with a Foresters or RNA Certificate. No need to spend money on Legal Zoom.:no:

Be careful that you are not giving legal advice while completing these things online. If there's an issue, it's possible that you could be looped into it.

There's a reason it's called "Do it yourself" or rather "screw-it-yourself'ers".

Be careful that you are not giving legal advice while completing these things online. If there's an issue, it's possible that you could be looped into it.

There's a reason it's called "Do it yourself" or rather "screw-it-yourself'ers".

I hear ya . . . I just help them fill in the blanks . . .

Real story. My friend was married for 27 yrs. He had a $2 mil 30 yr level term. He made his loving wife the owner. They got divorced. He called the insurance company 20 times to get them the cancel the policy. He argued she had no insurable interest now that they were divorced. They said he had to get a court order to change anything and they said the chance of that was slim to zero. The owner controls everything. That would suck for your ex wife you despise to collect proceeds on your death.

Back