Questions About Dead Peasants Insurance?

wrxrex

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am a Temple University student studying Risk Management and Insurance. I am doing a project for my class that requires me to discuss a controversial topic and i need to interview two professionals. If anyone is willing to help me out and answer a couple questions about this please let me know. Thank you

Do I have to provide compensation? Sorry im new to this forum and am still learning how everything works.

no im just playing with u, im sure tomorrow someone will be along to help u

Speak for yourself.......I'd like the gas $$$$

(......Just joking.......)

Money is right, most anybody will help you out, kid. You may just want to post your questions, that way you can have yourself and a working agent some time FYI......

Wrxrex, I think you should contact the Russian Embassy to see if they can put you in touch with any Russian insurance agents who write business on peasants. Go Owls!!!:twitchy:

I am not sure who on this forum might have any expertise in this area.

"Dead Peasant Insurance" is life insurance sold to rank and file employees naming the company as beneficiary (see Walmart).

Maybe someone here has information.

It is a derogatory term used by the political liberals to insinuate that big corporations buy life insurance on their rank and file employees in order to rake profit upon their death.

It became a big issue when a bunch of lawyers got together and decided to sue Walmart for having bought coverage on their employees without their knowledge. This brought about a new law under Internal Revenue Code section 101 (j) which now requires taxation on the death benefit made to the employer (the company) if the insured (the deceased employee) did not consent to the coverage in writing (among other rules).

The practice of buying life insurance on the employees by the employers go back many decades. The principal purpose (and this is important) was to maintain company sponsored employee benefits (health insurance, pension, severance pays, survivor benefits, disability benefits etc etc) as the increasing cost of these benefits made it more difficult for the employers to offer them.

You would notice that employee benefits at Walmart took a drastic cut since the litigation. IMO it is something that is good for the employees and not the employers because the employers cannot maintain free benefits when they have no money. JMO

It is a derogatory term used by the political liberals to insinuate that big corporations buy life insurance on their rank and file employees in order to rake profit upon their death.

It became a big issue when a bunch of lawyers got together and decided to sue Walmart for having bought coverage on their employees without their knowledge. This brought about a new law under Internal Revenue Code section 101 (j) which now requires taxation on the death benefit made to the employer (the company) if the insured (the deceased employee) did not consent to the coverage in writing (among other rules).

The practice of buying life insurance on the employees by the employers go back many decades. The principal purpose (and this is important) was to maintain company sponsored employee benefits (health insurance, pension, severance pays, survivor benefits, disability benefits etc etc) as the increasing cost of these benefits made it more difficult for the employers to offer them.

You would notice that employee benefits at Walmart took a drastic cut since the litigation. IMO it is something that is good for the employees and not the employers because the employers cannot maintain free benefits when they have no money. JMO

x2

The 90's ruined personal finance and employee benefits in the United States.

Back